New Jersey - South

How much are you spending on flowers?

I'm reading a lot online about flower costs but obviously that varies depending on your location.  I really don't want to break the budget on this because flowers aren't that important to me.  I just want simple, pretty flowers, but I don't have any specific flowers that I MUST have or anything like that.  I only have three bridesmaids and I like low, simple centerpieces...nothing really elaborate.  We will probably have around 175 people at the wedding.  I'm going to make appointments to meet with florists this month but I don't know if it's ridiculous to tell them I'd like to keep it under $1500.  Is that really low?  Should I expect to be closer to $2,000 or even higher?  Thanks...I'm so clueless about flowers.

Re: How much are you spending on flowers?

• Hi :)

I am having my wedding in South Jersey (The Bradford Estate) in August 2014.

I do not want to spend a ton of money on flowers, so I was originally not going to have ANY floral centerpieces.  The more I talked to people though I decided I probably should splurge.  Our florist was awesome and worked to fit our budget!

For exactly $1500, we are getting everything we need - 2 bouquets for me, bouquets and bouts for all of the bridal party and moms, grandparents, etc., about 18 small centerpieces (think big mason jars), an arrangement for the outside pergola where we are getting married, and delivery and set up.  I have 5 bridesmaids, and 150 guests.

Shop around.. we originally went to Wegman's and the quote was much higher and delivery was crazy expensive.

Good luck!
  • Thank you!  Who did you end up using?
  • Riverside Floral Company.  It's pretty small but they're so easy to work with (we used to use them in high school for our prom flowers haha)
  • We are at $2,000.  I went with simple but class and found someone that used to own a florist but ditched the shop and does it on the side after her full time job.  Don't let the florists let you come up with your "Dream List"... I did that with one and got a $5,000!!! For flowers!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards