June 2014 Weddings
Options

June 13 Brides!

Just seeing how many women are non superstitious about a Friday the 13th wedding. I am doing a DIY wedding on a budget of no more than 3500, and only 10 people. Very small and intimate but its so we can afford a very romantic venue and reception site. Possibly a great honeymoon but we will see. I intend on loaing 10- 20 pounds before our big day. Our colors are blush pink, tan and Ivory. Our theme is Gatsby inspired 1920s. My fiance is a police officer and 27 and I am a home maker now and student at 23. Look forward to getting to know about you! :)

Re: June 13 Brides!

• Options
    My mother and father in law were married on a fir the 13. I think they were married 20 years before he passed away
  • Options
    date twins!  I'm friday June 13th as well...we used it to our bargaining advantage with our venue!

good luck with your planning!
  • Options
    How are your timelines for a Friday wedding? We may be switching venues and a friday or Sunday is all that's left so I'm trying to figure out which would be better for everyone
  • Options
    We chose a Friday over a Sunday because we thought our guests would enjoy themselves more not having work the next day. We also figured that it may be easier in the summer for guests to leave work a little early on a Friday.

Because of another wedding going on at our venue that was booked first (at our ideal ceremony start time of 630), our ceremony will be at 530. So guests will arrive starting at 5 and reception goes until 11:00...plenty of time for an after party!

I definitely recommend Friday night over Sunday night based on what my guests told me prior to is booking. But maybe if you're open to Sunday afternoon, you could do a lot with that!
  • Options
    Our photographer can't get off her real job until 5 so we wouldn't get a pics taken before that's our only downfall for a Friday :( but we've thought about pushing the time back and letting our guests start eating while we take pictures.
  • Options
    Friday works for everyone we are inviting. I never really considered a saturday or sunday wedding. Alot of venues charge extra for those days and again we arent made of money. Our permit was only $99 and rentals are about 200 so we saved alot of money by this location. I hope planning is going well for everyone. we just found a great photographer who is willing to work with our budget since our wedding is small and wont take long. One less stress :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards