Virginia
Options

Engagement Photo Location

Last night, my fiance and I won a free 2 hour shoot with a photographer at a charity raffle. We decided to use this opportunity to shoot our engagement + save the date photos, something I thought we would have to scratch due to finances. We're from CT, the wedding is in NYC, and we live in Central VA. What are some places in Central VA that would be great for a photo shoot? I'm not very familiar with the state yet but am really liking the idea of a city backdrop since we'll be getting married in Brooklyn. 

Re: Engagement Photo Location

• Options
    Downtown Blacksburg has lots of cute shops and a lot of brick. You could go to Roanoke and take pictures at the star with the city behind you. Downtown Lynchburg has old factories and train tracks. I've taken pictures for various occasions at all these places. I would be glad to give you more specific locations, but for all I know you are nowhere near any of these places. ;p
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks @artemischief, I live pretty close to Lynchburg and Roanoke is about 1 hour away so these are perfect ideas. I really like idea of the city backdrop in Roanoke. What is this "Star" location?
  • Options
    Here's a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roanoke_Star At night the star lights up and can be seen from a large part of Roanoke. Also, since it's on the top of the mountain at night you can see all the lights. Center in the Square is probably where you would want to go for some cute "in town" shots. Also, Hotel Roanoke. Have fun and congrats on winning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the wonderful information! Sounds like such a beautiful place. 
  • Options
    1 hr from Lynchburg?? I dont mean to pry on your privacy but if you are one hour to the east there are plenty of places in Farmville like High bridge trail, or Longwood University but 1hr North would be Charlottesville and everything in Charlottesville makes a great picture like the vineyards or UVA campus...
  • Options
    Can you get to Great Falls National Park? I've seen some really great engagement shots from there. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards