Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Little Church of the West Review - 12/07/2013

whosaidsamwhosaidsam member
5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
edited December 2013 in Nevada-Las Vegas

It's taking me a while to finally get to my reviews, so I figured I'd post my first one while I work on the rest!

Little Church of the West: A

This is super long I know, but I rarely see a review for this chapel on here! (@jiimanie this is for you! Lol)

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> 

I had decided right away that I did not want to have my ceremony in a hotel but at a separate chapel, so I really only looked at these when doing my research. I wanted the cheesiness of Vegas with still feeling like a “real” wedding. Little Church of the West was one of the first chapels I came across online and I always came back to it after looking at others. Right away I loved the history behind it and the rustic look to the church. I watched quite a few of the web cam videos on there and I liked that the ceremony length was short, but still really sweet.

In Feb of this year I got to tag along on a work trip to Vegas my husband was going to, so I contacted the chapel to ask if I could come in to take a look and ask some questions. I emailed back and forth with Cheyenne a few times and we came up with a time. As soon as I walked up to the chapel I knew I wanted our ceremony to be here. Cheyenne was super nice and answered all of the questions I had. She let us look around the chapel, the bridal suite and the grounds. A couple of weeks after we got back I booked the ‘Marry Me’ package with her. We also added on the Las Vegas Sign photography. We put down a deposit with the balance owing a month before our ceremony.

That was pretty much all the planning I had to do for awhile. A few months later I was contacted by Lisa to see if I had any questions at all. This was who I contacted from then up until the day of. Lisa was SUPER nice! I know I must have annoyed her with all my little questions etc but she always got back to me really quickly and never made me feel like I was a bother. I was worried to ask for/tweak certain things because most of the ceremonies are just “point and shoot”, but she was very accommodating. She let me use the bridal suite for free (which, because it wasn’t part of my package, would normally cost $50, not a big deal anyways but was nice of her). I ordered a coral bouquet for myself, which wasn’t a typical colour choice they had. She let me split up my MOH bouquet into two smaller ones for my two bridesmaids. The list goes on!

They don’t do rehearsals at all which scared the hell out of me at first but Lisa gave me a pretty good run down of how the day would play out before hand. Looking back now you really don’t need a rehearsal, they walk you through everything.

Our ceremony was at 3pm on Saturday December 7th.  At about 2:10 my parents and my sisters/bridemaids arrived at the chapel. When we got there a wedding was just about to start so the parking lot was a bit crowded. I checked in at the office and then went to wait in the bridal suite. All I needed to do was put on my dress so most of time was spent nervously pacing. My FI and his groomsmen were picked up by a limo at 2:30 at our hotel. We coordinated via text so that he wouldn’t see me before hand. I brought my marriage license with me and signed off on the certificate and couple of other forms. One of the girls brought my flowers into me shortly after I got there (they were gorgeous! the colour was perfect!). Lisa came in to see me so I finally got to meet her in person. She said they would wait for all of my guests to arrive and then come and get me. About ten mins after that I was walked over to the chapel. We lined up outside the doors and were told when to go in. The ceremony was so quick (seriously, like 5 mins long) and I couldn’t be happier about that. I was super nervous about messing up on what I was supposed to say. The minister was great at directing us without sounding like he was (if that makes sense). I knew from watching the other ceremonies online that it was the same lines that were said every time, but you would never have known. After the ceremony, we did our family and couple photo sessions at the chapel while our guests made their way to the sign (which was a very short walk). The wedding party took the limo to the sign, where we did couple and wedding party shots and then a few group ones. Our photographer was awesome, she just butt in front of everyone else in line and swooped us all in. After that it was back to the limo which took us back to our hotel. We were back there by 4 pm.

We came back the next morning to pick up our picture CD and DVD. Typically this would be done right after the ceremony but I asked to come back the next day.

The only “con” I came across was the confusion with the photo packages. My ceremony included candid shots taken during my ceremony, and photo sessions afterwards. I originally thought ALL of the pictures would be given to me, but it was clarified to me later on that the only pictures included were the candids, and that I could purchase the ones taken in the sessions afterwards if I liked. I was kind of put off by this at first, it just seemed like a money grab to me. I was originally not going to do the photo sessions at the chapel and just have the sign photos. But I decided to at least do the photo sessions and see how the pictures turned out (though I should have known that there was no way I was going to leave a wedding photo behind). It turned out not to be that bad of a deal. For $495 I got every single one of my photos (all 230 of them, some better than others obviously) on a CD right away. We had Tracey as our photographer and she was really great to work with. She didn’t make us feel uncomfortable at all and she was really easy going. She actually upgraded our photo purchase package for free (which included them storing our photos forever in case anything happened to our copies). I was really happy with the sign photos. We were going to try and take a few shots of our own when we got back to the hotel but we were already sick of taking pictures, we just looked at each other and said let’s just buy the pictures and enjoy our night.

Our guests kept saying how much they loved the chapel! We had 31 people seated so it filled it up nicely without being crowded. It felt very intimate and quaint.Overall I’m really happy that I chose this chapel!

If there's anything I missed feel free to ask!

Re: Little Church of the West Review - 12/07/2013

• Options
    great to know. was there any issues with your guests taking photos if they did?
  • Options
    JiimanieJiimanie member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2013
    Thanks so much @whosaidsam for such an awesome review and congratulations! I hope the rest of your day was amazing, look forward to hearing your other reviews :)

So pleased to hear everything went well, I may be bugging you with more questions in the near future but all the detail you went into is greatly appreciated! xx

Wedding Countdown Ticker
       UK based bride, getting married in Vegas on 14th April 2014!
  • Options

@southerncutie We didn't have any issues but we made sure to tell our guests before hand that they are pretty strict with the picture taking. Guests were allowed to take pictures during the ceremony with our package so there wasnt an issue there. During our outdoor photo sessions my brother in law was snapping some pics with his phone and I don't think our photographer even noticed. As long as you stayed out of the way it seemed like they didn't care.

@jiimanie just let me know if you need anything :) I'll be posting more pics on my fb soon!

• Options
    @whosaidsam awesome! and thanks again so much :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
       UK based bride, getting married in Vegas on 14th April 2014!
  • Options
    So glad I saw this…I am going to put down a deposit as soon as I can!
  • Options
    Hi Sam-great review, I have read in detail! I am also confused by the photo package, I'm looking at the "tie the knot" package which only includes 5 ceremony photos but upon emailing them it does include indoor and outdoor session with a $100 voucher towards further photography purchases. It looks like all the photos are $500 and then sign add on is $300- so would be $700 taking the voucher off. This feels a lot! How do you get the photos? The package is printed but if you pay extra am I right that you get them on a disc? I'm still debating on a shot 2 hour photo tour as well, thoughts are 3pm ceremony 4.30-back at the hotel (boy wants to drive his corvette to the church and then we drive off into the sunset) having the photographer (tbc) waiting at the Wynn to capture us driving in (boy is a real petrol head!) 4.30-6.30-strip photo tour-photos outside the Wynn, mirage LOVE sign, street shot, Bellagio fountains and finishing in the chandelier bar. 7.30-dinner at Prime in Bellagio Drinking and gambling! Thoughts? Really appreciate your views Kate x
  • Options

The only way to get the photos that they take are purchasing them, or if they are included in your package.So for example, in the package that I got (Marry Me) all of the candid photos during the ceremony were already included. So even if I didn't purchase any of the extra photo packages I would have received those still. Same thing with the sign photo package, once you buy the session for $300, it includes all the photos. So it was only the indoor/outdoor photo sessions that didn't have the photos included. I decided to buy them all because we had a lof of family pictures done, and it would have been a huge hassle to try and get everyone at a different location to take pictures of our own.

Reading the 'Tie the Knot' details, it doesn't seem like any of the candid ceremony photos are included, unless they have told you that 5 ceremony photos are included which is great. I know that you can purchase individual photos instead of just buying all of them, so that's always something to look into as well. If you're going to to get a photo tour, could you make a stop at the sign maybe? I know all of the locations you have listed there are all mid-strip though so it would just be timing.

If it was me, I would be deciding between buying all the photos at Little Church or the strip tour. You would probably get better pictures/variety with the strip tour

Also, you can always pass on doing the indoor/outdoor photo sessions if you don't want those pictures.

The photos that I purchased came on a disc. Even if I didn't buy the extra ones, all of mine came on disc already. Not exactly sure if this would be the same with 'Tie the Knot'.

You're timing so far looks pretty good though, in my opinion. I would consult with the photographer if they think it would work or not.

• Options
    Just saw your other post. If Todd is 348 for two hours I would try and get some sign pictures through him and spend the $100 voucher on other photos at Little. Even if you bought all of the pictures they take that will bring you down to $400 for pics, or just pick it the ones you like best. They take quite a few pictures but you can easily pick which ones are the best. They also do the same poses with every couple, so you could go through the ones posted online and get an idea of your favourites before hand.

• Options
    Thanks Sam-I 'm totally with you in thinking just use the $100 for church pictures and then Todd for sign etc. I have fallen in love with the neon boneyard and waiting for them to get back to me. I have also been chatting with another photographer but coming in at $1400 then $200 for the neon boneyard on top,$1600 is do-able (just) but then Todd was always my original choice and gets good reviews for $548 (4 hours needed due to neon boneyard) so $748 total, a whole $600 cheaper-that's a big difference. I can't handle decisions!
  • Options

@manchester21 Since you're doing a cheaper ceremony I think the money on photography would be well spent! The neon boneyard looks like so much fun! :)

• Options
    Neon boneyard have got back to me and $400! Mention wedding and everything is crazy expensive! So it's $948 for Todd or $1800 for the other guy-big difference! They also said to remember the heat and try for 6-7pm but this ruins my plans, want to be there about 4-5ish. Going to sleep on it, I think FI would go for the $948 option! Still would be a great package of leaving the church, LV sign, neon boneyard, Fremont street and strip-pretty good whoever I go with-need to chill out about it, brain mashed! Thanks for your advice x
  • Options
    My wife and I did the boneyard for our 1st anniversary pics.  It's fun, but they have really been jacking the price up lately and to be honest, at the higher price, I really don't know if it's that great a value anymore considering there are only so many pics you can take there.  There are some random restored neon signs in and around Fremont that could be sufficient.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options

Just as another option - I think the Art District near Fremont St is a great place for pictures. FI and I are doing a Rock the Dress photo shoot the day after out at Red Rock, The Art District and Fremont Street.

We just wouldnt have been able to get to all of these places on our wedding timeline. I also like the idea of getting glammed up again - hopefully my dress will be ok - but I will bring a back up dress just in case.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• Options
    Don't stress @manchester21 ! It will be amazing no matter what

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards