Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

ways to honor deceased son and son who nearly died

My husband and I are renewing our vows after a disastrous wedding . We have 6 son's between us from prior marriages. One son passed shortly after we married and one son nearly died in an accident and has a spinal cord injury .  I would like to do something in memory of his late son , I am adding a charm with his picture to my bouquet. But wondered about a blessing or something special for the injured son and the other four son's? They aren't attending it will be just the two of us on the beach.

Re: ways to honor deceased son and son who nearly died

• Options
    Sorry if I posted in the wrong section since we are already married. After reading other posts on vow renewals I regret posting since its a wedding site.
  • Options
    lourash said:
    My husband and I are renewing our vows after a disastrous wedding . We have 6 son's between us from prior marriages. One son passed shortly after we married and one son nearly died in an accident and has a spinal cord injury .  I would like to do something in memory of his late son , I am adding a charm with his picture to my bouquet. But wondered about a blessing or something special for the injured son and the other four son's? They aren't attending it will be just the two of us on the beach.

lourash said:
    Sorry if I posted in the wrong section since we are already married. After reading other posts on vow renewals I regret posting since its a wedding site.
    There's nothing wrong with vow renewals, if you found the PPD thread that was about people who "get married" twice, and usually lie about already being married to their friends and family.  Now, as for the son who is injured, I wouldn't do anything to 'honour' him, because he is still alive.  As for the other son, some of the other posters will give you some good ideas to honour him.
  • Options
    Normally we don't recommend "honoring" people at a wedding, but since it will be a truly private ceremony with just the two of you on the beach I say do whatever you want since no one will be affected by your decision but the two of you.

You can do charms for all of your children as a way to remember them, even the living ones.  You can ask the minister/officiant to say a blessing for the health and happiness of the children still with you and a prayer of remembrance for your deceased song.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards