Wedding Party

Davids Bridal Bridesmaids Dresses

When is the latest my bridesmaids should order their dresses from DB if my wedding is Feb 2015? One of the consultants said may of this year! Which just so happens to be the month that one of my girls is due for her baby! I know that she obviously won't be comfortable trying on dresses that soon after popping out a life, so has anyone ordered from DB? and how long did it take to order, have them come in and have time for alterations? Thank you!

Re: Davids Bridal Bridesmaids Dresses

• My bridesmaids ordered their David's bridal dresses in August/September 2013 for my November 2013 wedding.

10 months in advance is BONKERS
  • Most of their dresses came in about a week from ordering. All of them fit fine w/o needing alterations (and my BMS were different sizes/shapes)
  • I've ordered BM dresses from DB twice, and both times they were in within one to two weeks, so you're safe ordering in the fall of 2014.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Oh thank god! Thank you girls!
  • Yeah, I concur with HisGirlFriday. I ordered from DB and it was here in a week. 10 months in advance is crazy, she's trying to close a sale.
  • I had 6 girls and all came withing 2 weeks of ordering except 1 took almost a month... but still if you give the girls a 4 month window that is still PLENTY of time!!!

Anniversary
  • I spoke with the woman who handles alterations at my local DB about this.  One of my bridesmaids has weight loss surgery and will likely drop several sizes between now and our wedding.  After talking to her, we determined that ordering the dress about 8 weeks out would still allow for non-rush alterations to be made if necessary.  If no alterations are needed, then about 4 weeks out should be the latest to order a bridesmaid dress and still allow for an exchange before it leaves the store if its the wrong size.
  • My BM dresses from David's Bridal took about 3 months for my wedding. 
  • If they are choosing their own style it may offer additional flexibility with timing (style they choose doesn't need alterations, style has a greater stock and will arrive faster).
  • Did you ask about a specific style?  If so, they might be saying so soon because the style might be getting discontinued.  That actually happened with the dress that my girls chose and now they're choosing another one.  When I've ordered BM dresses, they came in super quick.  It maybe took 3 weeks at most!

• I'm so glad someone asked this question!  I'm in a wedding for a close friend who is getting married in August 2014 and she had us buy our dresses two months ago, which is ridiculous because I'm in the process of losing weight for my own wedding (and I thought it odd to be buying so early).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ok, ladies. I work at Davids Bridal. She could have been trying to close a sale, yes... we make commission. 
    Every dress has a different leed time of when it will come in.. When you look up the dress it gives you an estimated number of weeks. I normally see either 8 weeks or 12 weeks on my computer unless the dress is in high demand (which could be because of a specific color too)
    10 months for a bridesmaids dress Ive never ever heard of. If it was put on special order reserve where you pay for it within 60 days, and then AFTER you pay for it in 60 days THEN the order goes out, you still arent even looking at more than possibly 6 months tops.  good luck!
  • When we went in for my girls, the dress we picked out they said 8 weeks. The one we ordered came in in about two weeks. The rest of the dresses we found on e-bay. But we even had to order one last minute emergency, seamstress messed up alterations and cut wrong doing the hem which messed up the whole dress. Got a new dress to replace it in less then two weeks. I can see 8 weeks depending on the size and style from there.

• My BM's picked a special occasion dress from DB instead of what they consider a typical BM dress. They recommended sooner rather than later because they may run out. I'd like to think they keep your best interests in mind, but you never know. Maybe you also picked something that's not normal stock??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards