June 2014 Weddings

Sunday schedule

If we switch venues it would have to be a Friday or Sunday. While a Friday makes sense for partying and a late night, I don't think we could get the timeline right for everyone to get off work and to the venue, plus everyone being tired from working with cranky kids and leaving early. Biggest downfall is the photographer couldn't get there until 5ish so we wouldn't be able to get pics done before the ceremony or getting ready. But that might not be a big deal.

If we did Sunday, what kind of timeline would we do? I don't want any of my family members to miss church but we've also already booked a caterer and want to serve food. So how could we do that as we don't want the reception going late on a Sunday night.

Ideas on both days would be much appreciated!

Re: Sunday schedule

• Thank you! I think either of those could work :) I just need a new mind that could think around the one time frame I kept thinking.
  • We're having a Sunday wedding but treating it like a Saturday. We are doing a similar timeline to what elBecko suggested. It'll be late enough to feel like a regular wedding (vs a brunch wedding which is getting popular too but we wanted to party) but early enough so that people that need to book it back to work can. Most people are traveling though so we figured that most people would be taking a day or two off of work no matter what.

We considered a Friday as well but figured in the end that a Sunday would be more convenient for travelers, especially those that are in the wedding party that would need to come to the rehearsal dinner too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards