Chit Chat
Options

NWR: Itching for Ink

I have two tattoos so far, and about a dozen more ideas floating around in the back of my head. I got my last tattoo in October 2012 and I've been jonesing ever since, but restrained myself because of finances. I got some money for my birthday and a small bonus from work at Christmas, but I did the responsible thing and put half into my credit cards and half into our wedding fund. I'm tempted to start a tattoo fund as well, and just stick a few Rand in it every month until I have enough for my next tattoo...

Plans for upcoming tattoos include a small tree on my left wrist, "allons-y" in Gallifreyan on my ankle (haven't decided which one yet), and a bird in lace probably on the other ankle. I also really want to get "you have been the last dream of my soul" just below my collarbones, but that's definitely not happening before the wedding because my grandparents would die of shock.

Are there any other knotties itching for ink?
imageDaisypath Friendship tickers

Re: NWR: Itching for Ink

• Options
    rycbar123rycbar123 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2014

okay so I'm pretty much a lurker I rarely ever post but this just made me so excited!

First off I'm always wanting another tattoo but I've told myself that I'm not allowed to get one until I've lost the weight that I want to for the wedding. 

Second I finally picked out my wedding dress (yay!) but it has a high back and unfortunately covers up my favorite tattoo on my back.  That tattoo is "Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Goodluck" in Gallifreyan starting from under my left shoulder blade going up towards the middle of my neck.  I thought you would appreciate it so I wanted to share! I think the allons-y tattoo would be awesome as well but I'm pretty much down for really any tattoo because I love them as does FI so it works for us.

Also, I work nights so since you live in SA we are awake around the same times which is cool since that's another reason I don't post much. What are the two tattoos that you have? 

ETA: The tattoo that I'm not allowing myself to get is the start of my "things I love" half sleeve which I'm super excited for!

• Options
    Love, love, LOVE your Gallifreyan tattoo! That is "Molto bene!" ;) I did briefly consider "Hello, sweetie" but I'm so very much more a Ten girl than I am a River fan. I have very high expectations of Peter Capaldi, but unfortunately FI's still catching up on previous seasons so I have a bit of a wait ahead of me.

And yay for time-zone buddies! Although, we're not strictly speaking time-zone buddies...

I admire you so much for doing a half-sleeve! I adore the look of them but I hate my arms so I'd never get one for myself.

I've decided on the style of dress I want, and I have a feeling it's not going to cover the tattoo on my shoulderblade so I'll probably have to do something with my hair to cover it so the grandparents don't have a heart attack. Luckily my arm is easily covered by the lace arm-warmers I want to wear. If, for some reason, my grandparents don't come to the wedding, I'm not doing a thing to cover my tattoos. It's only out of respect for them.
  • Options

I would prefer not to cover up my tattoos but I just loved the dress too much! I don't know which style of Gallifreyan you are looking at but my tattoo took more time drawing up then it did the actual tatooing because he wanted to make sure the circles were perfectly round (we ended up tracing dimes and nickles).

I'm not a fan of my arms right now either which is one of the reasons I told myself I had to wait...

Also, my excitement for Capaldi is so high my FI was getting annoyed with me the days leading up to Chirstmas because I was just so excited for the regeneration! I have high hopes that he'll do great! He grew up a big Who fan like Tennant so that makes me hopeful.

What tattoos do you have now?

• Options
    Because it's such a simple phrase, and one of Ten's catchphrases, I just used a generator to get it. I can't remember who made the generator though. It's fan-made, obviously.

I was stabbed in the arm back in '04. The wound healed badly and left a horrible fat scar, so I'm quite self-concious of my arms, quite aside from having what Oprah calls "flags".

I haven't seen anything past Seasons 6, because I'm waiting for FI to catch up to me before I go on, so I'm hugely excited for the 50th and the Christmas special... Capaldi was fantastic in the Pompeii episode, so I think he'll be great. It does help that I have a major "older man thing" though, so I'm bound to love him no matter what!

Both my tattoos are literary tattoos, 1 each from 2 of my 3 favourite books. My left shoulder blade is the mine sign for the Guarding Dark, from Terry Pratchett's Thud! And I have a bird silhouette with "but sing their hearts out for us" as its flight trail on the inside of my right forearm. That's from To Kill a Mockingbird.
  • Options

That's lucky of you, I couldn't find a generator that made one that I liked so I drew it myself and then my FBIL, who is a tattoo artist, worked with my crappy drawing and made it amazing! I attached a picture below!

Thanks for telling me where you are at so I know not to mention any spoilers! The 50th was fantastic though so you have great things ahead of you!

I'm sorry about your arm though. Maybe over time you could potentially get an awesome tattoo to cover up the scar.

Also, I love that your tattoos are from books.  I have two from Harry Potter, the Doctor Who one and few others.  I absolutely love your To Kill a Mockingbird tattoo that has always been one of my favorite books. 

• Options
    That is gorgeous!

I appreciate the effort to not spoil. I'm having so much trouble restraining myself from spoiling for FI, because it's just such an awesome show! I can't wait for the 50th - my heart aches for Ten. In fact, I think I'll watch some Season 2 this evening.

I haven't given much thought to a cover up for the scar. I think it may be too wide to actually do anything about, but you've definitely got me thinking now. I'll have to chat to my local tattoo artist about it.

I'm a huge book nerd and aspiring author. FI and I actually met at a writing group. Once I get my Tale of Two Cities quote, I'll have tattoos from all 3 of my favourite books, and I'm really excited for that!
  • Options
    If you are a huge ten fan then the end of the 50th is gonna kill ya. It was sad.

I love that your tattoos have meaning to you.  I make sure every tattoo I have does, all 6 of them. But new tattoos are definitely an exciting thing to look forwards to in my opinon.

• Options

I have 5 and a half sleeve. Well the whole outer arm is done shoulder to elbow but the inner side isn't done yet. I have an appointment in March to do the whole inner arm and I'm sooooo excited becaus my artist is basically the best one in my whole state. So while you can walk into a shop anywhere and get one anytime by some shmuck, my guy is booked out for 10 months! So I made this appointment back in June and I'm stoked that it's only 2 months away. and it will be all complete and healed before my wedding so that's fun.

The sleeve right now is my own interpretation of the Beatles song "octopus's garden". It was custom drawn for me with an orange octopus, a treasure chest, the whole blue ocean with coral reef and seaweed, a big pink lily and a big purple hibiscus. There are also tiny initals hidden in it that are my nephew's because I adore him. I love to travel (been to 26 countries) so the inner of my arm is going to be a map of the world. Kind of like an old school ship map. And my brother is just having another baby in a few weeks so I'll hide her initials in there too :)

• Options
    That is very awesome @jenna8984! I love that your tattoos are quirky and personal. And it is AWESOME that your guy is in demand like that!
  • Options
    urbaneca said:
    I have two tattoos so far, and about a dozen more ideas floating around in the back of my head. I got my last tattoo in October 2012 and I've been jonesing ever since, but restrained myself because of finances. I got some money for my birthday and a small bonus from work at Christmas, but I did the responsible thing and put half into my credit cards and half into our wedding fund. I'm tempted to start a tattoo fund as well, and just stick a few Rand in it every month until I have enough for my next tattoo...

Plans for upcoming tattoos include a small tree on my left wrist, "allons-y" in Gallifreyan on my ankle (haven't decided which one yet), and a bird in lace probably on the other ankle. I also really want to get "you have been the last dream of my soul" just below my collarbones, but that's definitely not happening before the wedding because my grandparents would die of shock.

Are there any other knotties itching for ink?
    count me in. i have ten tattoos so far. some big, some small, on shoulders, back arms and leg.

i'm always thinking about which one i want to get next. for a while now i've been wanting to get a mariner's compass, was going to put it on my back, but now thinking arm or leg. 

i also really want to get FI's name......but i know that it can be kind of trashy and then what if.....
  • Options
    I have three (well two since the third one ended up being a nice add on to an existing one) and would love more, I have a few ideas but need to lose weight before I do the one along my side. My grandma is going to throw a fit at the wedding so far the dress I'm leaning to will perfectly frame the one on my back and she hates that I have tattoos. 
  • Options
    Yep, I have several ideas floating around and I know where I am putting them. I want water color hydrangeas under my collar bone on my left side. I want a simple line princess jasmine on my ankle, a white ink, black shading lotus on my right lower back, Deathly Hallows symbol with an HP quote on my right shoulder blade (I have my pisces with koi on my left) and the word "bing" on the inside of my left forearm (for Chandler Bing from friends, my favorite show and my favorite character who I identify with)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    That's funny I was considering a gallifreyan tattoo as well.  I recently learned how to translate things into gallifreyan, so I was going to have "You can't take the sky from me" in linear gallifreyan, with watercolor behind it.  I'm also considering getting Serenity tattooed with watercolor coming out of the engines.  I'm a huge Firefly fan so either way it's going to be referencing the show.  
    Of course before I do that I have to save up the money, I think the watercolor would be expensive.  Here's a pic of a watercolor tattoo, this is along the lines of what I'd want either behind the gallifreyan or coming out of Serenity:image
  • Options
    I have seven and would love to have some more. My favorite is one on my back. It is a big tree with all the Alice in Wonderland characters on it. It took months to get finished but was totally worth it. I wish I had some pictures to share but I don't have any on here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards