Attire & Accessories Forum

I'm scared I'm going to be an emotional rollercoaster walking down the aisle..HELP!

My wedding is 04/12/14 and the closer it gets the more nervous I get which I'm sure is normal but, I don't want to be crying walking down the aisle! Any advice on how to avoid being super emotional while walking to my groom?

Best Answers

Answers

• I don't think there is much you can do to avoid it . Maybe think about your makeup. I'm not a love crier so I have no experience. I just dont get emotional over things like that.
  • Klloyd89 said:
    My wedding is 04/12/14 and the closer it gets the more nervous I get which I'm sure is normal but, I don't want to be crying walking down the aisle! Any advice on how to avoid being super emotional while walking to my groom?
    Also a 4/12 bride!  I have been having the same issue.  Sometimes I cry just picturing our wedding day!  I think I will be more smiling than crying while walking down the aisle.  The vows is what I'm nervous for.  I guess you can't help your emotions.
  • Have you considered doing a first look before the ceremony?  I am really leaning towards that with our wedding so we can have the emotional moment just to ourselves.  You can also get some really neat pictures by doing that because you can get your hubby's reaction to seeing you for the first time on film.
  • Klloyd89 said:
    We did a first look, and one of the main reasons was to avoid crying walking down the aisle!  My eyes were watery as I walked to my DH for the first look, but that was it.  For the ceremony, I still got butterflies (partly because I knew all eyes were on me!) but I didn't feel like I was going to cry or anything.  Very happy with our decision to have a first look.
  • What exactly is a first look? I've never heard of this.
  • Klloyd89 said:
    What exactly is a first look? I've never heard of this.
    A first look is when you and your FI see each other for the first time all gussied up prior to the ceremony.  It is typically just you, your FI and your photographer.  At lot of couples choose this option to get a lot of the pictures done before the ceremony so that they can enjoy their cocktail hour.  Just google wedding first looks and a lot of examples will pop up.

• Ditto the first look!  I'm not a crier, but we did a first look and I'm so glad we did.  We started with the photographer about 3-3.5 hours before the ceremony.  We had about 1.5 hours of just bride and groom photos, then we got all the family portraits out of the way.  After the ceremony, this allowed us to join in for most of cocktail hour.  We really enjoyed having the extra time to see our guests.  We also got some fabulous photos of just the two of us from the first look session.

Another suggestion I've heard for criers, is if you think your "walking down the aisle" song will make you cry, to listen to it as much as possible beforehand to "desensitize" yourself to it.  It's totally ok to cry through your ceremony, though.  No one will judge you for it.
  • I will probably cry walking down the aisle. I will probably cry while I'm reading my vows. I'm just going to go with it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards