North Carolina

Destination Wedding Biltmore

I am looking at doing a possible destination wedding at the biltmore estate.  I would be planning this from PA and wanted to try and do it this year!  We were thinking around 50 guests if that happens.  Anyone have recommendations that it would be fun and affordable.  Also who are some good wedding coordinators in that area.  Thanks so much!

Re: Destination Wedding Biltmore

• I just got married at The Biltmore Estate in December. We had 20 guests and were married in the Champagne Cellar (which I think holds a max of 30 or so). We had an AMAZING time and from what we have heard from our guests, they had a wonderful time as well and felt very pampered. 

Getting married in the champagne cellar, between the ceremony and reception you actually go on a private tour of the winery production areas and then do a private tasting (5-6 wines, with cheese/crackers, etc) which was very fun and different! This time essentially served as our cocktail hour so when we went back down to the cellar, we mingled for a few more minutes and then were seated for our first course.

There are actually several venues on the property and calling their catering department, we were able to get a baseline list of all of the options, minimum prices, etc. While minimums may or may not be flexible based on your date (day of week, season, etc) the things within the "standard package" are totally customizable if you are price sensitive (we were). For example, we eliminated the traditional cocktail hour/passed appetizers knowing that the wine tasting/tour would serve as this (and the fact that were having 3 savory courses plus cake, we knew our guests would be well fed); we did a "hosted" bar where it was open to guests but we paid on consumption rather than a PP open bar fee (this did save us a few hundred $$); eliminated a champagne toast BUT offered a signature cocktail on the bar instead.

I was planning from Alabama and did not have a coordinator, my catering sales manager (Shea, who is AWESOME) served this function. I think because of the size of my event plus the fact that I had two very involved aunts helping on the day of, helped with this. (And I had designed a schedule in advance with my vendors that allowed for plenty of cushion) In all honesty though, if I were doing it again, I wouldn't want/need a planner.

Getting married this year is totally doable. We got engaged last NYE, visited Biltmore in July, signed our contract in August and got married in December and had all the vendors we wanted (first choice) and needed. It was truly an AMAZING experience and the service I experienced throughout the process...most especially on the day of...was pretty close to flawless (and honestly, I don't give compliments like that lightly)

PM me if you have any other questions or want to discuss further.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards