Chit Chat
Options

NWR: I could KILL for some iced tea

But I'm supposed to be doing the low GI thing and trying to lose some weight, so iced tea is probably a very bad idea.

I just really want the icy sweet, lemony, tea-y goodness right now.

What are you craving?
imageDaisypath Friendship tickers

Re: NWR: I could KILL for some iced tea

• Options
    Chocolate pancakes. My favorite unhealthful breakfast.
  • Options
    Pomegranates...
  • Options
    Chocolate.  And anything sweet.  DH and I are back on our older healthy eating plan after toasting it for the last few months.  No cheating at all this month for me.  Chocolate protein shakes have been life savers for me this past week

• Options
    Oh! I love Iced Tea and could totally go for some right now - I prefer unsweetened though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Orange Fanta- for which I'm choosing to blame you @urbaneca. ;) I spent 6 months in SA a few years ago and loved to drink orange Fanta; with the real sugar it tasted amazingly refreshing. The way it's made in the US is not nearly as good.
  • Options
    I would love a tall glass of sweet tea with lemon, and some summer to go with it please.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Sleep. Good sleep.

This. It's bad when you doze off at your desk...
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    I'm almost sick of iced tea. I'm dieting right now so I replaced most of my wine with unsweetened green iced tea. At this point I would kill FI for a sandwich...any sandwich really I just miss bread thanks to this damn low carb BS!
  • Options

cheese croutons from Panera...just the croutons....

Anniversary
  • Options
    Sweet tea and a club sandwich from a local deli here :( Too bad they're not open on Mondays... I'll be eating it next Tuesday though :)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I've been wanting chicken fajitas for like two weeks but I've been resisting.
  • Options
    I want a big ol' burrito.

Also, the leftover fusilli in my fridge at home with a butternut squash/sweet potato/asiago/parmesan sauce we found at Costco... it tastes like a squash puree mixed with macaroni and cheese and I LOVE IT.

• Options
    ...........mountain dew.......

Anniversary
  • Options
    Cheese; any kind, and lots of it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Freshly baked asiago cheese bread & butter and a warm chocolate chip cookie the size of my face. (I'm doing low-carb and low-sugar.) 
  • Options
    Craving...bread with garlic-herbed butter...one of the best things ever!

I have to say I'm sipping on some Sun Tea I made yesterday right now. Does anyone else make sun tea or is that just me?

Instead of boiling the water and adding the tea bags and then letting it cool, you put the water and tea bags in the pitcher together and then leave it out (covered) in the sun all day...the heat from the sun brews the tea. I don't know why but I feel like it tastes better, and my mom made it that way when I was a little kid.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Klc09d said:

I have to say I'm sipping on some Sun Tea I made yesterday right now. Does anyone else make sun tea or is that just me?

Instead of boiling the water and adding the tea bags and then letting it cool, you put the water and tea bags in the pitcher together and then leave it out (covered) in the sun all day...the heat from the sun brews the tea. I don't know why but I feel like it tastes better, and my mom made it that way when I was a little kid.

I love sun tea and make it all the time. It does taste better I think.
  • Options
    Klc09d said:

I made this in the summer! FI thought I was crazy and kept telling me that bugs were going to end up in it. Uh, that's what the saran wrap on the top of the pitcher was for...

• Options
    You could always just sweeten your iced tea with Stevia, it's all natural and it's also zero calories.  Just use Stevia sparingly, it's WAY sweeter than sugar.  I also use Stevia for baking when I want my sweets to be a lot less sinful (For any lurkers who want to try that, use HALF as much stevia as you would sugar.)
    I'm craving chinese food.  Its greasy and gross and horrible but so good.
  • Options
    You could always just sweeten your iced tea with Stevia, it's all natural and it's also zero calories.  Just use Stevia sparingly, it's WAY sweeter than sugar.  I also use Stevia for baking when I want my sweets to be a lot less sinful (For any lurkers who want to try that, use HALF as much stevia as you would sugar.)
    I'm craving chinese food.  Its greasy and gross and horrible but so good.
    This is what we ended up doing. Not Stevia, but whatever FMIL uses instead because she doesn't like the aftertaste of Stevia. I said it would be a bad idea because I was just going to walk to the store and buy some iced tea because I didn't feel like making it, but then FI said he would. There's only one place in town that stocks "lite" iced tea, and it's not within walking distance.

Sun tea sounds amazing! I would imagine it would taste better because the tea isn't subjected to the vigorous heat that comes from boiling water, but science is not my friend so I dunno.
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Omg, sun tea is a million billion times better than regular tea. Omfg. So good. LOVE IT!!

ETF spelling
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards