May 2012 Weddings
Options

American Prestige??

So I got a phone call yesterday that I supposedly entered my name in a contest at one of the bridal fair's I attended. I don't remember exactly which booth but then again I filled out so many cards and contests I don't know anymore. Well, we won...kind of.

The company is called American Prestige and the lady gave me a very rehearsed schpeal about what I've won and their company and blah blah blah. She said numerous times that they don't ask for any personal information and there is NO obligation to purchase anything.

We've supposedly won a "Bridal Package" which includes a 3-day 2-night vacation to an all inclusive resort in the Bahamas, Dominican Republic, or Mexico OR instead of the vacation we can choose 2 titanium or tungsten wedding bands from some online jewlery company.

PLUS a year membership to some coupon website where we get $1000 worth of coupons for travel, entertainment, groceries, etc.

PLUS personalized champagne flutes (though we already bought ours)

PLUS we get entered into some Harley Davidson contest.

The catch? We only have to attend a 90 minute "cooking demonstration" because American Prestige is a cookware company?

Has anyone heard of this before? Is it a scam beyond all scams? A girl I took a class with last semester won one of these and was telling us about how she won a vacation and all she had to do was attend something. I haven't seen her since to see how it all panned out.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
150 Invited image RSVP Date: April 15th
84 Attendingimage
66 Missing Outimage
0 Not Repliedimage

Re: American Prestige??

• Options
    It's the same as the timeshare things. They get you their to watch the demonstration and then ask you to buy the stuff and all that. Plus I may be wrong but in some cases you still have to pay for some of the things. And the hotels and travel arrangements are not always the best.

Personally I would not do that BUT it is a personal decision to go or not to go,. I never trust those things but that is just me.
  • Options
    Timeshare bribe
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    She said they are not timeshare affiliated. The vacations are to VIVA resorts? The email they sent following the phone call gave a link to the resort website. They are Viva Wyndham All-Inclusive Resorts. I know they will sell hard whatever cookware they will be demonstrating but I don't have the money to buy it anyway so they aren't going to get a penny out of me!

The only thing not included (per their representative) is airfare.

I think we're going to go at least check it out. If we get a bad vibe we'll just leave :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    150 Invited image RSVP Date: April 15th
    84 Attendingimage
    66 Missing Outimage
    0 Not Repliedimage
  • Options
    Did you end up following through with this? I received the exact same thing and I am not sure how I feel about it. After reviewing all the reviews for the hotels they all sound like they suck! Poor service, gross food and disgusting rooms. I don't think I want to go through with this, sounds sketchy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards