Florida-West Coast

Weather on the West Coast- Florida.

We are planning to get married on the West Coast- Florida because that is where my soon to be hubby is from.

However, I need a few extra opinions. We want to get married, 12-13-14, but I want a beach wedding. Is the weather too cold during this time of year for an enjoyable beach wedding? I have most of my family (from Indiana) coming to celebrate with us, so we are no strangers to the cold- but I want it to be enjoyable for everyone. Especially me. :)

Thanks for your help! 

Re: Weather on the West Coast- Florida.

• I worked a few weddings on the beach in Dec and didn't think it was too cold. The sun was still shining so it was relatively cozy in the sun! The receptions were all inside though because the temp drops quickly at dusk.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The weather will be very nice in December, and a bonus is that you wont have to worry too much about it being too hot out for your guests.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • December can be warm or chilly.  Less humidity, fewer bugs, less rain.  Just plan on a tent that has the wind flaps that roll down AND you can rent those clever standing heaters. Daytime will be much more predictable than night time.  The temp can drop quickly.  All the more reason to have a basket of pashminas to give your guests.
  • No, that date will be perfect.  We have some chilly days and nights in mid-January, but mid-December is beautiful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards