Registry and Gift Forum

Premarital Couples Workshop

Is it rude to add a premarital couples workshop to a registry? Not sure if I would necessarily do it myself, but stumbled upon the option to add it to a registry earlier this evening and am really curious. I am studying to be a couples counselor and while looking at training workshops, I encountered an option to add the Gottman Institute's couples workshop to a Amazon or TK registry. 

Is this poor etiquette or would this be acceptable?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Premarital Couples Workshop

• I would find it really odd. And I would feel awkward buying it for a couple. And you can't really return it if the wedding doesn't go through.
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2014
    What?  That seems so weird and not probably against etiquette.  
    Edited because I was watching TV and typing at the same time...
  • True! I was curious because this really doesn't seem like something I'd normally see on a registry. If I had the money and I were close to the couple I'd probably get it, but I wouldn't really go this route myself. Thanks for the opinions!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• For me, it sort of falls in the category of registering for things for the wedding, which is a no no. 

Also, remember that it's in all the interests of vendors to suggest and make it easy for couples to register for what they provide.  But just because you can doesn't mean you should.
  • I like the idea of it, but you would have to be really careful who you would gift it to.  If you know someone who has vocalized an interest in it (and you possibly asked them if they would enjoy it), then I think it could be a cool gift.  If the person never expressed interest in it and didn't expect it, they might get offended that you think they need it.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards