Wedding Reception Forum
Options

First Dance

caellig86caellig86 member
First Anniversary
edited January 2014 in Wedding Reception Forum

My fiance' and I would like to do a first dance thats a mixture of funny songs that mean special things to us. We want to make the cd ourselves. Does anyone have any recomendations on websites we can go to to make cd mix. It wouldn't be just the whole song but just clips from certain songs. Thanks

Re: First Dance

• Options
    It's an interesting idea, but there might be copyright issues if you do this.

The one recommendation I will make is not to make the dance too long.  Keep it to about 3 minutes.
  • Options
    I am pretty sure that you won't find a good website that will let you do that.  Try using GarageBand. 
  • Options
    I take it you're not having a DJ? Because a DJ could easily mix and cut into the songs at certain time

• Options
    jenna8984 said:
    I take it you're not having a DJ? Because a DJ could easily mix and cut into the songs at certain time
    Eh… yes and no.  If they are trying to line up beats, it would be almost impossible to tell a DJ what exact beat to switch from song to song.  It's really best that she create her own medley. 
  • Options

Look for free reputable software, actually. I used one in college multiple times (sorry I can't remember the name!) but it's very user friendly and you can cut and paste on whatever level you like.

I think this is a very  sweet idea =)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards