Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

WARNING...... Studio M Events

Our wedding was on Feb. 2012 it is now Nov. 2012. We hired Studio M Events as our videographer. Until now we are still waiting for our Blu ray video. Not to mention that the regular DVD they sent us the images where out of frame our heads were cut off and the sounds are dubbed. Robert Shapiro from Studio M Events told us that the sounds were not captured because the ceiling was too high in Signature Grand. We have reviewed some of the videos that were taken by our nonprofessional guess using a much inferior camera the sounds came out great. We have tried numerous times to contact Robert Shapiro via email and phone to discuss our concerns but he does not returning any. We are not even asking for a refund. We just want our Blu ray and for Studio M Events to honor their contract. So we don't know why they are avoiding us. We pray and hope that no one will have to go through the same frustration that we are going through with Studio M Events. if you are planning to have a dream wedding do not hire Studio M Events. We DO NOT RECOMMEND this company to capture one of the most important moment in your life. We give this company Two thumbs way down......

Re: WARNING...... Studio M Events

• Options
    I also had a horrible experience with Studio M Events.  I wish I had seen this review before we booked them but we actually got married on Nov 17th, 2013 - the date the other review was posted. 

Rob Shapiro, the owner of the company (I think) and the photographer who shot our wedding is a great salesman.  He offered us an incredible discount, which I now know I should have been skeptical of it being too good to be true. Once he has a signed contract and your money, he's incredibly difficult to get in touch with.  We were told we would have our pictures 6-8 weeks after the wedding.  I waited patiently, and when I did not receive the pictures, I contacted him.  To make a long story short, it took us 4-5 months, numerous e-mails, phone calls, and facebook messages (he wasn't quick to respond to any form of contact), and 2 CDs "lost in the mail" for us to get our pictures.  When I finally got the pictures and put the CD in, I immediately was in tears because the quality of the pictures was HORRIBLE!  I understand that photography is an art and is therefore subjective, but the pictures were either over or underexposed, blurry, badly composed, etc.  We were promised "full color correction and special effects".  Only 12 of the pictures were "edited" and they were still pretty bad.  We contacted Rob personally and when he finally decided to respond it was to say that he thought the pictures were fine.  We filed a claim against him with the better business bureau which he also dismissed.  In his response to our BBB claim, he had the audacity to state that the contract we signed said that we were not allowed to post negative reviews against him and if we did we would be forfeiting the prints and albums that we paid for in the package.  I promptly responded and said that I didn't want prints and albums of bad  pictures anyways and that I officially forfeited my right to prints and albums so that I could have the right to warn brides of his awful service and product.  If you don't believe me, please look for other reviews of him online and you will find that I am not the only person who has had a bad experience with Studio M events. They've had 4 BBB complaints filed against them in the past year, all complaining of service and quality of product.
  • Options
    I was married on 12/12/12 and my experience with Studio M Events was also horrible. I have not received any call or product from them. If anyone has any idea how I can get a hold of this company, please contact via email. Radiubrenna@gmail.com. Almost a year and I have nothing. I need help and answers.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I too had the worst experience with studio m events. We were married on 2/19/12 and I am still waiting on our album and enlargements, I even put a claim with BBB but there was no solution. Please let me know if any one has been able to reach them, contact me at vfdez24@aol.com.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your photo/video troubles. If not done so already, share this on your local boards, ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards