Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

FI doesn't want a Photographer....advice??

Hey all,

I absolutely love photos, that's my number one priority for my wedding. I'd give up a full bar just to have them! My FI thinks that it's a complete waste of money and that we can spend the $2k on inviting more people to our wedding. His response to photographers is "I hate posed pictures, that doesn't help me remember my wedding. Our guests pictures will be just fine." Needless to say I flipped out and we had our first "wedding" fight.
We are on an extremely tight budget. He and I are paying for everything ourselves and it's going to be really tight.
Any and all advice is welcome!!

Re: FI doesn't want a Photographer....advice??

• Options
    @KnotPorscha - Sandee is a vendor.  She advertised on older posts.
  • Options
    Well, figure out something you two can both agree on to cut so that the guest list can be bigger since that's his wish, and you can get photographs.
  • Options
    Amson19 said:
    Hey all,

I absolutely love photos, that's my number one priority for my wedding. I'd give up a full bar just to have them! My FI thinks that it's a complete waste of money and that we can spend the $2k on inviting more people to our wedding. His response to photographers is "I hate posed pictures, that doesn't help me remember my wedding. Our guests pictures will be just fine." Needless to say I flipped out and we had our first "wedding" fight.
    We are on an extremely tight budget. He and I are paying for everything ourselves and it's going to be really tight.

You have a LOT of compromising to do if photos are you number one priority and he doesn't wan them at all. I would look into some less expensive options (maybe less hours of photography) and try to negotiate with him.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Amson19 said:
    Hey all,

You have a LOT of compromising to do if photos are you number one priority and he doesn't wan them at all. I would look into some less expensive options (maybe less hours of photography) and try to negotiate with him.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You can still get a photographer and not have a lot of posed pictures (which I agree, usually aren't the best).  Look into photographers who do more of a photo-journalistic style, they focus more on capturing the moments when they happen not MAKING the moments happen (example:  stand here, look this way, and pretend to feel "X").

It sounds like your FI has two different issues, the posed pictures and the cost.  You need to figure out exactly what is behind those issues and then try to find a compromise.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards