Connecticut
Options

Mystic - Rehearsal Dinner Spots

Hi,
Can anyone recomend good rehearsal dinner spots in Mystic, CT? I saw "Go Fish" listed somewhere. I haven't looked into prices yet but I'd like to keep it relatively simple. 

Also - who do you invite?
Moms and Dads
Bridal Party (invite their SOs?)
My Grandma :)
Brothers/Sisters

I'm clueless!

Re: Mystic - Rehearsal Dinner Spots

• Options
    i would love some information on this as well

• Options
    Go Fish is nice, if a little pricey.
    The Fisherman in Noank has seafood and other dishes.
    Captain Daniel Packer Inn has an upstairs room.
    S and P Oyster has an upstairs and an outdoor patio on the water but it's expensive.
    Azu has great food and ambience, but it's on the pricey side.

All the places above are in mystic except for the Noank one.

For my rehearsal dinner I was torn between Abbotts Lobster in the Rough Noank, CT) and Olios restaurant in Groton. Both have wonderful food but completely different ambience.
    At Abbotts you can get incredible seafood and sit outside overlooking the marina. Byob.

Olios is a nice restaurant with a room in the back. The food is also incredible!
    It's owned by the same people as Azu in Mystic.
  • Options
    KCLindgrenKCLindgren member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2014
    As far as who you should invite, it's up to you.
    You should invite your immediately family (mom, dad, siblings) and your finance's siblings and parents, including significant others. For ex, your brother's girlfriend.
    It's nice to include grandparents and bridal party.

We are not inviting our entire extended family (aunts, uncles, cousins) because it's too much and too pricey.
    I only have one maid and my fiancé has chosen his brother as the best man and my brother as a groomsman. So we are including the "bridal party" and my maid's husband.
    If I'd had more bridesmaids and groomsmen, I might have reconsidered inviting them. Some brides invite flower girls and their parents.

Bottom line is you want it to be an intimate affair and consider your budget.

You also might consider including out of town relatives because they have traveled a long distance to see you. Again, it depends on how many people we're talking and budget.

Sometimes brides do a brunch the day after the wedding. You can do this in addition to the rehearsal dinner. Depending on price, you might be able to include some people you left out of the rehearsal dinner. You could do an outdoor BBQ at a park for little $.
    Be sure to include the information in the envelope with the formal invitations so your guests can plan ahead for it.
  • Options

Latitude 41 has an upstairs room that would be good for a rehearsal dinner.

We're only inviting our immediate family, bridal party, readers (and any others needed at the rehearsal) and all significant others. While it's nice to invite the out of town guests, that's not really an option for us since 90% of our 200-person guest list is out of town.

• Options
    KC has some good suggestions.  DPI (Daniel Packer Inne) is my favorite restaurant in town.  The Fisherman is great too, and not all that far from Mystic.  

We're doing a very low-key rehearsal dinner at Mystic Pizza.  FI was working there part time when we met.
  • Options
    So cute! Love it when you can tie in sentimental elements in the wedding.
  • Options
    Having just done the search for rehearsal dinner locations in Mystic, here's my suggestions...

- Go Fish (was going to have ours here, but DPI opened up)
    - Steak Loft: Guests have to choose which meal they want ahead of time
    - S&P Oyster Company: only do private parties in the off-seaon
    - Daniel Packer Inne
    - Latitude 41: our wedding is here so didn't look into this, but I know they have a room upstairs
    - The Boat House: food is pretty good, but "private room" is not at all private
    - Buon Appetito, North Stonington: not in Mystic, but they have a private room. Someone recommended this to us when we were having trouble finding a place. 

Smaller restaurants there like Azu, Oyster Club, will host private parties, but you basically have to buy out the restaurant for the night which is pricey.  

I can't give a lot of information regarding price since I'm not the one hosting. I do believe Daniel Packer Inne has a minimum of $1,500 for Friday nights. Go Fish I think a little less than $30 a person depending on which package you choose. 

As for who to invite, you are required to invite anyone who is part of the ceremony, since they will be at the rehearsal, and their significant others. (I saw your question mark regarding this- it's proper etiquette to invite SO to rehearsal dinner. I was once invited to one without mine and thought it was very rude.) Other family members and/or out of town guests are up to you. We decided to just do bridal party, officiant, readers, and parents.  Our siblings are in the wedding, but would have been invited if they weren't. If we invited all OOT guests, it basically would have been a wedding before the wedding. 
  • Options
    ^ Thank you. We're leaning towards Go Fish. I think we're gonna stick to the party, their SOs and any immediate family not in party. Cause almost all our wedding is out of town and as you said - it'd be a wedding before the wedding and too pricey.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards