July 2014 Weddings
Options

Venue (finally!) secured

Cue the sigh of relief!

We're getting married on Flathead Lake in Montana in a small (less than 30) family only ceremony and have been searching for a lake front house to rent where we can hold the wedding in the backyard. I didn't think it would be difficult at all...until I realized July is peak tourist season and half the houses were already booked. But alas, we secured a beautiful property on the west shore that I think will work perfectly:

image image

We were also able to secure the restaurant where we're having the reception dinner, too (...cue another sigh of relief). For only being engaged 2 weeks, I'm feeling rather productive (and questioning what we were thinking with a 6 month engagement!).

Any other July-ers silly enough to do a quick turn around, from afar, like us?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Venue (finally!) secured

• Options
    YAY for finding and securing venues.
  • Options
    Niccirf
    I got engaged on December 20th, so I feel your stress!!

The venue/house are BEAUTIFUL.  We have most of the vendors booked, just a matter of all the little details now :D
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Niccirf
    I got engaged on December 20th, so I feel your stress!!

The venue/house are BEAUTIFUL.  We have most of the vendors booked, just a matter of all the little details now :D
    Thank you! And now I feel like we can take a quick breather now that the "big stuff" (venue, reception, photog) is done before digging into those details. Phew!
  • Options
    Beautiful!! We got engaged on Christmas so our time is short also. We have everything all set with the church but not our reception venue. They put a hold on our date until I can get over there to put a deposit. Hopefully they won't forget about me !!
  • Options
    The next thing to tackle will be the dress- they can take several months to come in, as they are typically custom made when you order
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @LizM61409 - the dress was actually the first "big" thing I tackled, and so glad I did as you are right in that it won't be delivered back to bridal shop until mid-May!
  • Options
    I live in a big city and am having a short engagement so we ended up booking my dream venue for a Monday because its cheaper and weekends are booked years ahead in the summer...
  • Options
    Smart move, @yojkd
  • Options
    Agreed!  I feel like non-Saturday weddings are becoming more common @yojkd
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards