African American Weddings
Options

What do you guys think of this photog and video website

Hey Ladies,

I received this email from weddingbug.com yesterday and it got me rather excited simply because the price is right for me.  My wedding is from 6-7. My cocktail hour is from 7-8 and my reception from 8-11.  I really only need 4 hours of professional photos because I have a friend that is going to take pictures starting with the night before.  She took our engagement photos and they were awesome. She is however not a professional, plus since she is a friend I dont want her to have to pictures all night long even though she said she doesn't mind.  Anyway they will do four hours of pictures for 595 and four hours of video for 595.  What do you guys think.  I really want to be close to $1000 so this isnt too bad.  I have a little extra in the budget because I saved on my dress....They have pictures they have done. I guess I am just apprehensive because I got acold email solicitation. I am sure it is from one of the bridal shows I went to, but still....Anyway...your thoughts ladies?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What do you guys think of this photog and video website

• Options
    hi ray.  this is the exact marketing plan/cost of an outfit that calls themselves the pros.  how it works (at least with them) is:  you sign a contract with them and the pros corporate links you with a local photographer/videographer - someone whose work may or may not be known to them (corporate office).   they guarantee to send them to you on the day of.  fine but you've never seen nor heard of this outfit before and  the particularly deceptive part is you haven't necessarily seen the pictures of the photographer you're getting.  you're seeing the work of any of this company's photographer's, it may not be the guy they assign to you.    it's so cheap because you don't have any control over the choice or the product.  of the let's say $895 you pay, a percentage goes to your photographer, the company keeps the remaining percentage.  I didn't do a good job explaining but what i'm trying to say is this is a subcontractor version of photography.  from what I understand about this particular company, their most consistent complaints came from people who'd hired a photographer who didn't show up because they were having a $ dispute with their company.  I'm not trying to dissuade you I'm just talking about what I learned about THIS company.  google the name of the outfit that sent you the email, read every review available and learn everything you can about them.   my personal opinion?  photography or videography should be your splurge, you cannot redo this day.  
  • Options
    I agree with Sultry. Pictures and video are forever and your only visual memory of the day. I would do a thorough background check on them just as you would interviewing potential vendors. Cha
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • Options
    I used The Pros and I was very happy with them - I spoke on the phone with the photog before the event and he was very good - its no frills - all I got was a disk afterwards and its what I wanted
  • Options
    Um no. I agree with Sultry on this....I would try to find someone local who you can meet up with and see if you all mesh well. That's the one thing I didn't wanted to skimp on was photos....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • Options
    If its the pros I say no go. Also 4 hours of coverage is really no time at all. You won't get any reception coverage.
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards