May 2014 Weddings

OVERWHELMED

So with May starting to get real close, I've really started to feel anxious and nervous and overwhelmed! I feel like I'm going to forget something and that everything is piling up on my plate and I really don't have much to worry about! I have most of big things taken care of. Here's an example. I am so worried about the timing of the ceremony, when he walks out, and the kids, and the bridal party, and then me, how do we all get ready to walk out with out him seeing me..dumb right? Thats the stupid stuff I get worked up over. UGH! It is seriously making me crazy and paranoid! Am I the only one experiencing this? Is this my need for perfection or am I becoming a BZilla?

Re: OVERWHELMED

• I'm right there with you @dluberts! I honestly am getting so tired of trying to figure it all out that I wish we would have just eloped! I feel like I have tons to do and then I keep thinking about our centerpieces and how they're gonna get set up and who's going to be tearing them down. I feel bad having to make other people clean up after the wedding. And then on top of all the wedding stress, we're trying to buy a house! I'm about ready to throw in the towel...
  • I don't want to give up but I want to throw something, like a bowl...into my wall. Becasue throwing stiff like a 2 yr old makes me feel better!lol

• @dluberts - throwing stuff always makes me feel better too. LOL I used to work in a restaurant and when I would get really frustrated I would go in the walk in cooler and throw empty trays at the wall. I say throw something if it makes you feel better :)

I'm starting to feel a little overwhelmed too. It doesn't help that I feel like nobody else think's anything I'm worrying about is a big deal. I know it isn't to them, but telling me it isn't doesn't help me. How about just oh man that stinks or I'm sorry you have to worry about that. 

I did get a lot of worrying taken off my plate by hiring a DOC, but I'm still worrying about all kinds of other stuff. My biggest worry right now is our officiant not showing up and us not being able to get married.
  • I'm finding a lot of dumb little things to help keep my mind occupied. Like today, I've been doodling how I want the tables to be set up, color wise, place settings, how I want to wrap the silverware in napkins, what the centerpiece will look like in the middle. Etc. It helps a little bit, for a little while.
  • @akopitzke FI & I were just talking last night that we should have just eloped too. Between wedding stress, work stress & home stress, my stomach is in knots!

@dluberts i think we tend to focus on the small things because the big things are so overwhelming. I've been trying to find a caterer within our price range & half the companies I contact never contact me back. It's so frustrating! So I end up pinteresting centerpieces lol.

• I had a mini meltdown at my mother's house last night while talking about what fonts to use for our invitations. Crying over FONTS! @dluberts, it's exactly like you said... just overwhelmed by these tiny details that I won't even think about the day of the wedding! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Def feelign overwhelmed..but i still have big thing to take care off! I haven't booked a florist yet, or limo, or honeymoon.   I am making my invitations and havent even started printing them yet!  I hate planning and just put everything off.   good thing i work better under stress!
  • We lucked out and are able to decorate the reception hall the day vefore, which will help tremendously!! I am doing my cetnerpieces but the FI wants some one to do bouts and corsage, so I booked her today. I'm gonna go home tonight cash my check and go to Dollar Tree to buy napkins and champaign flutes, that'll ease my nerves for a few days at least.
  • Add me onboard the overwhelmed train! We got engaged in August for a May wedding so I knew we had to get working right away, and all the major stuff has been done for months. So now I sit and obsess over centerpieces (at this point I almost don't care what they are - they just need to be cheap because we are spending way over budget in other areas). I am also obsessing over hair accessories and earrings and I keep having meltdowns to FI who just tells me, "This is not urgent, it will all get done." WE ARE FOUR MONTHS AWAY!! It is getting urgent.

All I can say is, drink a lot of wine...
  • OMG. Thank you for posting this... I thought maybe I was the only one stressing and having mini breakdowns about everything (at least it seems like). I swear everyday I think about something (how the table centerpieces will exactly be set up, how the ceremony will exactly take place..etc) We've just started getting our invites together... because in a week and a half we will be printing them. Haven't even THOUGHT about fonts! So @klburke88 I'm sure I will be right there with you! 

I don't know. Everybody keeps telling me not to stress over the little things. Only thing going through my head is "Yeah, you don't even know!" But I know, day of, everything will happen so fast I probably won't even notice the small things I'm stressing over now. I'm just such an organized/perfectionist person, so that doesn't help.

Luckily my gym has a huge boxing bag. I take out some frustration on that when it builds up. It really does help :)

But I will say that I have been to our local Post Office 4 times in the last few months dealing with postage/sending STD/etc and the same woman had told me every time "I tell all the brides this... You already did the hard part. Finding the guy. The rest is all minimal." And if she says it to me ONE MORE TIME I may freak out a little (and that's one thing luckily that HASN'T happened, freaking out ON anyone)

:)
  • Omg last night I had a dream it was the day before the wedding and my mom and I were setting up for the reception and she asked me what the final head count of the wedding was. I told her I didn't know cause no one responded to the invites. She asked if I sent them out and I assured her I did. So she said that we should just plan on everyone showing up. I was decorating with really cheap purple and silver streamers that were just laying on the tables. Also in my dream I was getting married on July 30th?? I was so relieved when I woke up!
    So yeah I think I'm feeling overwhelmed. Today we registered though so that was good. My FI keeps saying "we have 4 months" and I keep correcting him that we ONLY have four months lol. 
    Anniversary
  • @kristen625 aww! Wedding dreams are the worst! My FI & I have the same discussion, so you aren't alone lol.

• I was doing a little pinterest browsing this morning and came across a funny little strip of life hacks.. one in particular I thought I would share with all of you! Sorry if its a little blurry!

• I am so glad to know that I am not the only one having wedding dreams (and not the good wedding dreams!!) 
    I had one the other night that my hair and makeup was green and red, and that my dress was yellow. It just seemed all so strange. Then I had one that I was on my way to the wedding but hadn't sent out any invites so I was going to be late trying to send those out. 
    They seem to stress me out more when I wake up!! 

• Totally agree on the dreams thing, I wake up tense and stressed. There was one night I woke up crying!WTF???lol
  • I'm SO overwhelmed lately. Some days, I almost feel like saying, "screw it" and just calling off the whole thing.

However, I'm also in a super-pissy mood because FI and I keep fighting over having a videographer because he decided the moment I mentioned it that the answer was a firm "no" and wouldn't let me explain any of the reasons why it would be beneficial to have one. He finally let me start explaining today, but wasn't really open to actually listening and just ended up yelling and steamrolling over me again. I don't even care if we decide not to have one -- I just want to be able to discuss it like equals.

• I'm so glad I am not the only one having wedding day dreams (nightmares?)!  I have had dreams I forgot to buy a dress, accidentally got married before the wedding date, and never booked the church for the ceremony.

Now I think comes the time when all the little details have get ironed out.  This is the stressful part for me.  I keep thinking I'm forgetting something or something will get messed up.

@pumpkinsandturkeys, I know how you feel.  My FI can be the same way about certain things, luckily nothing wedding related so far so the planning in that regard has been easy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah as far as FI getting a little nuts, mine is still on prescribed steroids from his bout with pneumonia and he is a lot more snarky lately then usual.  We were in the car yesterday and I was trying to explain something and he went and made me feel like I was being stupid with what he was saying.  So I had to stop him and say, "no that isn't what I'm saying, please listen."  Ugh I'm going to be so happy once he is done with those (a few more days!!).  I do have to say, its been a long two weeks with him on those!
    Anniversary
  • @Kristen625 I know exactly what you mean -- mine has been stressed with work lately, and it's coming out as snarkiness towards me (generally when I bring up anything that involves money).

Here's hoping they all settle down!

• I started to freak out and then got my spreadsheet out and my calendar. Feeling in control helps! Also keep in mind what this is all about, sharing a day with someone you love. I try to keep focused and enjoy the process! ;0) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards