Maryland-Baltimore

Ceremony site backed out! HELP!!

Our ceremony site for our August 2011 wedding, which was only costing us $300, backed out because they recorded the date of our wedding incorrectly. On top of being absolutely furious, we've budgeted every penny we have available to us according to this extremely low ceremony site fee. If we have our ceremony at our reception site it will cost us $1,000, and we just don't have that kind of money.

Does anyone have secular ceremony site suggestions in or near the Baltimore, MD area, for a wedding of 165-175 guests? We don't need anything fancy. We're desperate!!

Re: Ceremony site backed out! HELP!!

• edited December 2011
    Our ceremony site for our August 2011 wedding, which was only costing us $300, backed out because they recorded the date of our wedding incorrectly. On top of being absolutely furious, we've budgeted every penny we have available to us according to this extremely low ceremony site fee. If we have our ceremony at our reception site it will cost us $1,000, and we just don't have that kind of money.

Does anyone have secular ceremony site suggestions in or near the Baltimore, MD area, for a wedding of 165-175 guests? We don't need anything fancy. We're desperate!!
  • edited December 2011
    My goodness- so sorry to hear this. You may want to post on your local board....
    <---- over here. Brides on this board are from all over the world! You may have better luck there. Hope it works out for you!
  • edited December 2011

Try checking out a community center, park district, and a family members yard if they have enough space available.

• edited December 2011
    I'm not from your area, but we are using a hotel, and it is costing us $500. Some are way higher than others, I think we looked at probably 6 or 7 hotels before we found this home. HTH
    "The best thing about loving and being hurt is that you get to know what true love really is. For as gold is tested in fire, and so will love be perfected in pain."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Planning Bio/Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Check the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission website www.mncppc.org .  You can reserve certain parks and rec centers through there.
  • edited December 2011
    For the love of God, post this on your LOCAL board.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_budget-weddings_ceremony-backed-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:665Discussion:e809d63f-1bef-4523-ab45-aadd6084e870Post:3b554f70-9d37-4ddc-bfba-1379625ec40c">Re: Ceremony site backed out! HELP!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try checking out a community center, park district, and a family members yard if they have enough space available.
    Posted by amilinia[/QUOTE]

i would definitely do all of this before looking into any more pricey options
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely check state parks. They are inexpensive and don't usually book up too far in advance. Downs Park has a nice ceremony area and reception area I believe.
  • edited December 2011
    Circle D Farm in Howard County, MD (I think)....has an AMAZING space for a low price...I looked @ it and almost went with it, but they are not too close to hotels, etc for out of town guests!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards