June 2014 Weddings
Options

Stamps going up!!!

Stamps go up January 26th in the USA. The .46 cent can currently be bought as a forever stamp. Once Jan. 26th hits the forever stamps will be .49 cents. Stock up now on them and save in the long run! You'll need stamps for the RSVP envelope, thank you cards for party gifts, and thank you cards for wedding gifts. The .66 cent stamp will be going up to .69. There is no forever stamp for this, so kind of have to wait it out. Stamps will be going down at some point to .47 and .67 but I don't think it will be before our wedding dates.

I did stock up on mine, but had to go to a few post offices to get all the ones I wanted. You can also get them shipped to you for $1.75 but that's a lot of money when you're buying stamps!
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Stamps going up!!!

• Options
    Yeah, we heard about this and just bought 200 forever stamps. That should hold us through invitations (which weigh less than an ounce) and thank you cards.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We bought 300 forever stamps back in November when we mailed out our STD's.  I figure we will just have to suck it up on the increase when we mail out the actual invites.

Anniversary

• Options
    Good :) I needed 480 lol
  • Options
    elBecko said:
    We bought about 150 in October, and another 100 in December.  I did order online and pay the shipping, because I wanted specifically wedding stamps, and I was told I'd have to drive to 4 or 5 post offices to buy as many as I needed. I figured it would cost me more than $1.75 in gas to do that!
    Yeah, I need 480 I think? I went to the one by my work, was able to get the celebrate stamps minus 2 sheets but they have them now, I just need to go get them. And then I had to go to the post office where I live and get the white roses stamps bc my work one doesn't carry them. Ironically, my home post office doesn't carry the celebrate stamps.... fun times! I live and work in a small area though and past both post offices on the way to and from work :)
  • Options

So glad you posted this - I didn't realize they were going up so soon.  My wedding is going to have a vintage feel so I went with the vintage seed packet stamps.  Can't wait to get them!

https://store.usps.com/store/browse/productDetailSingleSku.jsp?productId=S_688504

• Options
    We are having a small wedding so not many invitations but my family is very large so I think there will be a lot of wedding announcements that my parents will ask us to send out....  Thanks for the head up.  I didn't realize the price change was coming up so fast either.
    Anniversary
  • Options

Thank you....FI just ran out and bought 300 today.  We are sending out about 100 invites, so we figured between STD, RSVP cards, and thank you cards we should be pretty good. 

Bummer we can't use it for invites too....

• Options

Thank you....FI just ran out and bought 300 today.  We are sending out about 100 invites, so we figured between STD, RSVP cards, and thank you cards we should be pretty good. 

Bummer we can't use it for invites too....

I know.. I was so sad I tried to convince the postal worker they had forever stamps in .66 lol
  • Options
    I only need between 100 and 120 stamps. I bought two sheets of stamps yesterday...one for invites, one for rsvp cards. It will only be a $3.00 difference between buying them all now and buying them later. 
    ~*~June 21, 2014~*~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards