Honeymoon Discussions

Honeymoon - San Francisco/Napa Valley or Vancouver, BC?

Hello all! 

My fiance and I are trying to figure out where to go on our honeymoon at the end of September. We're from Boston and the idea of seeing that side of the country is really exciting. We're not really beach people and love exploring new cities and taking road trips.

Has anyone gone to either of these places for their honeymoon or can give an opinion on either? 

Thanks! :) 

Re: Honeymoon - San Francisco/Napa Valley or Vancouver, BC?

• I haven't been on a honeymoon, but I've been to San Francisco several times and I love that city!  There are parks, shows, food, museums, fun tourist attractions and lots of winery tours that leave from the city. If you are up for a long day you can also do a full day trip to Yosemite National Park if that interests you.

I've not been to Vancouver, but it is on my list.  :)
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • I've been to both places and would definitely choose San Francisco over Vancouver. Vancouver's cool, but unless you're really outdoorsy, you'll have more to do in San Francisco. Especially if you add Napa.

I don't know how much time you'll have, but my husband and I are currently planning a little road trip down the Pacific Coast highway. You could drive down and do a night in Big Sur. It's wild how different the Pacific coast looks from the Atlantic! Of course, the Pacific NW and Vancouver also look super different from New England!
  • I say Vancouver! But I like doing things outdoors. I think San Fran gets too touristy and you would be able to explore more in Vancouver my opinion.
  • I've been to Vancouver many times, there is a lot to do there, and many things to see that are relatively close
  • I think it depends on what you're looking to do.

Fi and I are big foodies, so SF has a big draw for us naturally.

It's much easier for you to plan a trip to SF (as it's not international), so that may be something to take into account.

I don't know much about Vancouver so I can't really compare that aspect.
  • We LOVE roadtrips... we've gone on a few throughout the South. We drove to Memphis once just to get ribs, Gus' fried chicken and see Graceland.

So I think SF/Napa might be more of what we're looking for. I like the idea of being able to drive to a few different places once we get there. I'm hoping we can fit Yosemite too! 

We originally wanted to drive down the entire California coastline but we have like 7-10 days, and I'm not sure if that's enough time to do it. 

Thanks for the input!!! I'm looking forward to relaxing and having fun no matter what we do!

• I loved both cities. San Fran is definitely more foodie touristy though if that's up your alley. 

We drove to Vancouver, hung out for a bit, did outdoorsy stuff and hung out on the beach, and then took the ferry over to Victoria for a few days. Victoria was beautiful! I'm hoping we can go back soon.
  • Driving up to Oregon might work! Thanks again for taking the time to answer everyone!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards