May 2014 Weddings

Let Us Talk Skin Care...

What are you ladies doing currently?  Any future skin care plans??  I rarely wash my face, it gets rinsed in the shower, and sometimes I take a cleansing cloth to it.  Otherwise, that is it.  I have very clear (praise the good Lord above) skin, and always have.  I also wear almost no make-up and when I do its eye makeup, and some sort of lip color.  My skin can run dry, like it is in these winter months so I add a moisturizer in the mornings but other then that I don't do anything with it cause its so sensitive.  When I was 13 I used clearacel and I had a horrible reaction to it where my right eye swelled up, and my skin was so tight it hurt.  It felt like death valley during summer.  So since then I just don't wash my face all that much.  But I was thinking of doing a home facial, mask or scrub sometime this month to make sure I don't have a reaction to it, and then if it works really well, I'll do one two days before the wedding so its all nice and soft.  Does anyone have any suggestions on masks or scrubs I could pick up to try at home?
Anniversary

Re: Let Us Talk Skin Care...

• I have really dry skin, too, and somewhat sensitive as a result. I really like Biotherm's toners, cleansers, and their AquaSource cream to keep me hydrated. For something less pricey, Nivea does a good job, too, and tends to be pretty easy on skin.

I use a Clarisonic every day to clean my face at night, and I need to start making time to wash it in the morning, too. Even though I have great skin, it really helps to get rid of any flakiness and makes it glow. I recently splurged on the RE9 set from Arbonne because a friend started selling it, and I LOVE it. It's all-natural and hypoallergenic, but does come with a high price tag.

• I use an eye cream and anti-aging moisturizer in the morning and at night I use an eye cream and a rejuvenating serum. Also once a week I do an at home facial. I do a deep cleaning peel off mask followed by an anti aging mask. I have pretty good skin, but I'm in my mid thirties so I know I need to take way better care of it than I did in my twenties :)
  • I've been thinking the same question. I have SUPER sensitive skin. In the last two months I've been recommended both Noxema and Simple (which is made for people with super sensitive skin) and have have had really bad breakouts. Literally... my forehead right now looks the same as when I was in High School. And I know wedding stress isn't helping. But I'd like to know a good suggestion as well... before it gets REALLY close! :)
  • I can't recommend a mask, I use the target apricot scrub and Burts Bees orange essence facial cleanser. I also second the clairsonic, start with the sensitive brush head.

Anniversary
  • I have been getting pretty nasty breakouts for the past yearish. Big part of that was a hormone imbalance cuz I have broken lady inards. I finally got tired of seeing no results with washing. I bought a product from walmart called acne free. I got just the original , but they also have one for severe acne and one for sensitive skin. I've been using it for little under a week and i can tell a huge difference! My skin is soft and not nearly as oily. I still have some acne but it's starting to fade. I use a spot corrector also, and a sulfer mask once a week. Heres to hoping it goes away completely!
  • I have a Clairsonic too and I've noticed a huge difference: no more blackheads, smaller pores and my skin has a nice healthy glow to it. I only use it about once a week, usually in the shower just to make things easier for rinsing lol.
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I have a Clairsonic too and I've noticed a huge difference: no more blackheads, smaller pores and my skin has a nice healthy glow to it. I only use it about once a week, usually in the shower just to make things easier for rinsing lol.
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards