Ohio-Columbus

Where to dress shop!?

Hi ladies! I am getting ready to start dress shopping!

Where did you all go shopping?  My max budget is $2k, and a few of the boutiques I have wanted to go, say that their prices start at $2k, so I am afraid to go there and fall in love with something outside of my budget!

Thanks ladies!

Re: Where to dress shop!?

• So glad you asked! I HIGHLY recommend Uniquely Yours (link) in Circleville. They have great prices and are so friendly!
    Last Black Friday, day after Thanksgiving, my mom took me, my sister and her fiancé there. We all three purchased wedding dressing. They had a BF sale and if you bought gift cards they had an additional deal. They let us buy the gift cards then and use them immediately on the 3 dresses! We got 3 gorgeous gowns for less than your entire budget.
    My whole family drives to this store for wedding gowns and bridesmaids dress. They carry Mori Lee, which is my absolute favorite. And the prices are so much cheaper than Columbus. They also have very affordable veils, tiaras and shoes. None of that fall in love with a veil and find out it's $300 craziness!
    Call and ask if they will have a BF sale. We had the store to ourselves most of the time and then one girl and her mom came it. It wasn't busy at all.
    GL!! :)

:kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• PS - I can say I went to David's and while they dresses are affordable I didn't like the service and the mass cookie cutter feel.
    My SIL went to Girl's In White Dresses and it was amazing, but most of the dresses were more than $2K.
    Luckily Alan Ray is closed - they were the absolute worst EVER. 

• Thanks for this question. My dress budget it like 1/4 of that but its good to know about some places other than David's if I can increse that amount somehow.
  • @senecaf, they have dresses under $300. Go check them out. Call about bf sales. Seriously. :)

• I will,for sure. Circleville isn't that far. Thanks @photokitty!
  • I just got my dress today at uniquely yours:)

There are also 3/4 shops in chillicothee too which is only another 20 mins or so from circileville~
  • Thanks ladies!

I am shopping on Saturday and wanted to stay in the Columbus area so I am going to Elegant Bride, Wendy's Bridal, and Ivy Bridal Studio!

Will post my thoughts on the service and selection--and if I find a dress (fingers crossed) asap! :)
  • edited November 2013
    cbusbride92714!
    Sembree1 what did you get? How exciting!

• Thank you everyone! I found my dress!! I found it at ELegant bride! It was the first place we went and I just knew it was the one! I cancelled the rest of my appointments! Plus the sample I tried on was exactly my size and on sale so I got it for over 50% off! I honestly didn't really look at any prices until I picked the dress and was thrilled at the price! I almost ordered a new version of the dress, but Sarah assured me if I got the sample it would look amazing! I'm so excited!
  • Thank you everyone! I found my dress!! I found it at ELegant bride! It was the first place we went and I just knew it was the one! I cancelled the rest of my appointments! Plus the sample I tried on was exactly my size and on sale so I got it for over 50% off! I honestly didn't really look at any prices until I picked the dress and was thrilled at the price! I almost ordered a new version of the dress, but Sarah assured me if I got the sample it would look amazing! I'm so excited!

Awesome!
  • I went to smaller towns outside columbus! Spent WAY less than I had budgeted! Dont be afraid to look at prom and homecoming and bridesmaids dresses. My simple dress was a custom make but only cost me $200 because it came off the bridesmaids rack.
  • @whiteroses09 where did you go?
  • I know this isn't anything fancy, but I was really impressed with David's Bridal (had beautiful options for  800-1500). 
  • I went do David's Bridal at Easton and had an okay experience with my consultant, but a great dress and fast shipping.

I had an early afternoon week day appointment and we just about had the salon to ourselves.  Our consultant was sidetracked a lot but I think it was because they were lightly staffed.  I tried on 3 dresses, all three were beautiful (and all three under $500).  I ended up buying the last one I tried on for $250 and an extra $130 for a lace bolero jacket (winter wedding).  I ordered the dress that day and it was in the store in less than a week.

I didn't get the "Say Yes to the Dress" experience of the consultant fawning all over me, but that wasn't important to me.  I wanted an inexpensive dress that looked awesome on me and I got that in the first try.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • I got mine at elegant bride too during a sample sale! I wish I could have only went to them in the beginning!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards