Illinois-Chicago
Options

Small Wedding Venue Hoffman Estates area?

My FI lives in Crystal Lake and I live in Streamwood. We are getting married in February and having a family only wedding. There will be like 15-20 of us. I'm researching small & cheap venues we could use. Our church is in Bartlett and I am looking at renting a cabin there and it's about $130.

Anyone have advice on little chapels or venues we could rent. We only need it for like 2-3 hours total.

Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Small Wedding Venue Hoffman Estates area?

• Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Would you be interested in having it in a restaurant?  There are many in the Hoffman/Schaumburg area that have private rooms, such as Wildfire and Maggiano's.  Chandler's, which is a restaurant inside Schaumburg Golf Club, also does weddings.
  • Options
    Well we're planning on going to a restaurant afterwards. I think my FI and I would prefer to do the actual ceremony somewhere else. But I will keep that in mind. We can rent our church for like $350 but the space would look so big with so few of us. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    There is a small chapel in Long Grove that might be nice.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    fre3doms said:
    Well we're planning on going to a restaurant afterwards. I think my FI and I would prefer to do the actual ceremony somewhere else. But I will keep that in mind. We can rent our church for like $350 but the space would look so big with so few of us. 
    I guess I was a bit confused by your post.  You said you were researching small and cheap venues, and I read that to mean "for receptions", since I don't consider a church a venue.  Then you mentioned renting a cabin near the church, which I took it to understand as one option for the reception.  You also said your church is in Barlett, so I didn't realize you were looking for a ceremony location.

That said, my brother and his wife married in the Long Grove Community Church several years ago.  I have recommended that to local posters before.  There is also a United Methodist Chapel in Arlington Heights that may work for you....
  • Options
    Yeah maybe I was a little confusing. I guess because we're doing the wedding in February and the reception in March I'm considering both as venues. I have to remember that traditionally it would be called a "ceremony site" what I'm looking for right now.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Just curious to know what you decided to do, as we will be looking for similar venues. Thank you.
  • Options
    We ended up deciding to get married at my family home. There will only be 12 of us besides our minister and photographer I believe.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards