Chit Chat
Options

Where are my Canadian Brides at???

Our "Local" boards are so pitiful, there is other places other than Vancouver, Alberta (Come on TK! That's like giving Texas 1 Board and they have 5!) and Toronto. So I wanted to create a place where the Canadian's can introduce themselves and maybe we can start to use the "Canada" local board more. We use to have a bio list but that since has been closed since May. 

Spread the word and if you are Canadian introduce yourself!

Re: Where are my Canadian Brides at???

• Options
    Well, you know I'm right here (eh) ;)

• Options
    natswild from just north of Grand Prairie AB.

• Options
    I am not Canadian, but DH went to university in Canada (Windsor), and we are planning an anniversary trip to Niagara Falls, Toronto, Quebec, and possibly Windsor this autumn.

Also, we're (potentially) planning a babymoon to Canada in Spring 2015. 

Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    I am not Canadian, but DH went to university in Canada (Windsor), and we are planning an anniversary trip to Niagara Falls, Toronto, Quebec, and possibly Windsor this autumn.

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but babymoon? Like you take a trip with intentions of trying for a baby?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Angusaur said:

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but babymoon? Like you take a trip with intentions of trying for a baby?
    Like you take a trip with the intention of trying for a baby and/or you take a trip knowing you're planning on getting PG and this will be your last trip as a couple until the kids are grown.
    Anniversary

• Options

I grew up in Niagara, and we're getting married there, too. It's a beautiful area -- great place for a trip!

• Options
    I've never been to Canada, at all (which is pathetic, given how close it is to me), so I'm excited. I want to go to PEI. I loved, loved, LOVED the "Anne" series growing up, and I want to see L.M. Montgomery's island!
    Anniversary

• Options
    I've never been to Canada, at all (which is pathetic, given how close it is to me), so I'm excited. I want to go to PEI. I loved, loved, LOVED the "Anne" series growing up, and I want to see L.M. Montgomery's island!

*** stuck in box ***
    I loved those, too! PEI is GORGEOUS. When I was a teenager, my family rented a motorhome and drove through the Maritimes to PEI where we had rented a chalet for a week (basically, someone's summer home near the coast). It was amazing. However, we learned that one side of the island (thankfully, not the side we were on) is overrun with mosquitoes, etc., and the other side is not. Something to make note of if you ever go!

• Options

*** stuck in box ***
    I loved those, too! PEI is GORGEOUS. When I was a teenager, my family rented a motorhome and drove through the Maritimes to PEI where we had rented a chalet for a week (basically, someone's summer home near the coast). It was amazing. However, we learned that one side of the island (thankfully, not the side we were on) is overrun with mosquitoes, etc., and the other side is not. Something to make note of if you ever go!

*stuck in the box*

We plan to go in March/April of 2015, so we (should) avoid the mosquitoes and/or heat...I hope.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Another Canadian here! I live in BC.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Right here.  I'm in Ontario and lived here all my life.  
  • Options
    Me too!!  Though I'm already married, so not planning anything.  Just cursing winter like usual.  :)

• Options
    I am not Canadian but I am marrying one and just moved back to Aus after 2 years in Vancouver!
  • Options
    Not Canadian, but more love for Anne and PEI!
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • Options
    Yup, and I'm working in British Columbia right now, and then back to school on the 26th...
  • Options
    To kaitlynmichelle Where about's in BC are you? I live in Northern BC, Well technically the Cariboo AKA Buttfuck no-where 3 hrs away from the nearest costco, but we do have a wa-lmart!

I grew up in Edmonton, went to University at UNBC in Prince George and then moved down here about 2 almost 3 years ago with my then BF, now FI.
    We are planning a June-Sept Wedding in 2015, we haven't picked a date yet but we are looking at having it at Sun Peaks resort during Biking season, FI grew up on the NorthShore biking and building trails so it gives him and his buddies something to do. You know besides getting married!

This thread gives me all sorts of warm and fuzzies!

• Options
    I'm working north of Dawson creek
  • Options
    Ok, so way more north than me! I have a buddy up in Dawson and Ft. Nelson. Its so nice to see people from outside of the Vancouvers, Calgarys, Toronto's and Montreal's of the country

• Options
    I'm Canadian too eh!!!!!
    About 2 hrs North of Toronto
  • Options
    @mimiphin I'm in the Lower Mainland area
  • Options
    Also @mimiphin Sun Peaks is pretty amazing. That's where we got engaged last month :)
  • Options

*** stuck in box ***

*stuck in the box*

We plan to go in March/April of 2015, so we (should) avoid the mosquitoes and/or heat...I hope.
    You'll definitely be safe from heat if you go before late May/June, and the humidity isn't bad out there, either. It may be a little rainy that time of year (and slight chance of snow!), but other than that, good to go! :)

• Options
    Im from Edmonton, getting married in Kelowna this July!!!!!
  • Options

I'm fro near Toronto, Ontario! Wedding is done but still enjoy looking around and posting on occasion!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards