Connecticut

Winter Wedding Venue

Hello Everyone!

I am newly engaged, and just starting to reseach wedding venues. I am thinking the first weekend in December 2015 for a "winter wonderland" wedding. I know this is a long way out so I'm not worried about availability, but I wil need a place that I can have both a ceremony and reception- preferably not in the same area. I'm looking for a Saturday night for around $80-$100pp. I live in central CT so am open to different areas of the state

Re: Winter Wedding Venue

• I LOVED the New Haven Lawn Club, but they may be over the budget... winter prices can be lower. Farmington Gardens is also nice in the winter. I looked at both locations because I wanted a venue that accommodated a ceremony if it rained. Try those two places! Maybe the Barns at Wesleyan Hills? 
  • Cascade in Hamden. I went to a Christmas wedding at this venue last year. It was beautiful!  

• testas in southington booked them for my reception for june of 14. they have a package that includes dj cake and centerpeices for your tables. with our pacakage and the add on dj cake and centerpeices we are paying around 75 a head including tax
  • Another vote for Cascade! I got married there in the Spring, but it's beautiful for any time of the year.
    imageAnniversary
  • I would recommend Interlaken Inn, in Lakeville, CT.  It's in the quiet corner, is absolutely gorgeous any season, and everyone there is just beyond amazing to work with. 

They have different packages, depending on how many guests you have, but I think they would fit in your budget (or would be willing to work within it). We made a number of changes to the standard contract, with no problems.

imageAnniversary
  • I'm getting married in February at bill miller's castle. It has a ton of fireplaces and is perfect for my winter wonderland wedding!
  • How about Saint Clements Castle? When i told them i was looking to pay only around $80 per person, they said they could work within my budget and plus remember that you are saving money by having a Winter Wedding. My fiance and i are having our wedding on March 1 and just by asking for off peak packages, we were able to get things discounted such as catering. We are having our wedding at the Lounsbury House in Ridgefield with around 60 guests.

• Fox Hill Inn in Brookfield is beautiful in December.
  • Take a look at Woodwinds.  We had an april wedding there but when we went to visit it was winter and the place was beautifully decorated.  They should also be pretty close to your budget too. 

Follow Me on Pinterest

• I went to a wedding at the UConn Alumni Center, but our friends had to bring everything in but pretty location.

counting down to the big day
  • Thank you everyone! So far I have appointments set up with:

-Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station

-Aria (can't find pricing info anywhere though so not sure it will be in budget)

-Cascade (have a reasonable winter package)

-Marquee

Anyone have any opinions on any of these??

• Cascade is gorgeous, and the food is great.   I can't speak for the others, I haven't been to events there. 

pp's suggestions of Bill Miller's Castle, Saint Clements Castle, and Woodwinds are also great- I've been to weddings at all three and they were fantastic. 

We're getting married at the Inn at Middletown and so far I have loved everything about dealing with them. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • aria is amazing, i went to several wedding bridal and baby showers at there old location in waterbury and the food is out of this world i think they can work with your budget.
  • Thanks everyone! Has anyone been to the smaller ballroom at Aria? I plan on having about 125-140 people and am a little worried the dance floor might be too small. Also, we would have to have the cocktail hour and reception in the same room, and I'm not really sure how that is going to work.

• Aria is beautiful.  If you haven't already, look into New Haven Lawn Club I went to a winter wedding there two years ago.  It had a great feel to it.
  • Thank you everyone...we actually decided to go with Aria. Our runner up was Cascade, but they had a 150 person minimum and we are looking to keep it around 125. Let the planning begin!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards