July 2014 Weddings
Options

Invitation wording? Anyone else with divorced parents?

Hello everyone! I'm beginning to work on invitation wording (mine ambient handmade, so need to do it now). I'm working on wording my parents, because they want to be mentioned, but are divorced. My mom is paying for 95% of the bride's portion, and etiquette says that the mother is first. Is this true? What have y'all heard, seen, or plan on doing? {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 CourierNewPSMT;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs24 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Wedding Countdown Ticker}
\f0\fs24 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Wedding Countdown Ticker}

Re: Invitation wording? Anyone else with divorced parents?

• Options
    @anipp14

My fiance's parents are my parents are still married and we each put our mothers first. It say Brides parents name and then grooms parents names. 

My dad was married once before and my brother and sister are from his first marriage and when my sister got married it said (Brides mom name) and (brides father's name) and then the same as ours for the grooms parents.
  • Options
    Thank you @hlvonb, that's what we were thinking :)
    \f0\fs24 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Wedding Countdown Ticker}
  • Options
    @anipp14

You're welcome!
  • Options
    My fiancee's parents are divorced but we're going to go with just our names on the invite...I didn't want to have to deal with this issue! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards