July 2014 Weddings

July 7, 2014

A Monday.  But also my dad's 90th birthday.  After I divorced the first time around (after 17 years), all my parents wanted before they passed was to see me "taken care of".    My mom is no longer here to see it but I thought that it would make my dad's 90th birthday special. 

So...anyway....it will be a small wedding....family mostly.... outdoor's at FI's house at the lake.

I've been engaged about 2 weeks and my head is still swirling.  We are both 48, his fourth (!!) my second.  Wondering about having attendants, registering, showers.... 

Re: July 7, 2014

• A Monday.  But also my dad's 90th birthday.  After I divorced the first time around (after 17 years), all my parents wanted before they passed was to see me "taken care of".    My mom is no longer here to see it but I thought that it would make my dad's 90th birthday special.  Your mom may not be here in person but trust me, she'll see it / know and it will put a smile on her face.

So...anyway....it will be a small wedding....family mostly.... outdoor's at FI's house at the lake. Sounds like it will be beautiful. I love weddings by water!

I've been engaged about 2 weeks and my head is still swirling.  We are both 48, his fourth (!!) my second.  Wondering about having attendants, registering, showers....  It's been longer than 2 weeks by now (lol) but congrats anyway. :)

@libertylover

See comments in red above and also how is your planning coming?

• I went with the same date for price and availability reasons. Are you finding that people are shocked about the Monday part? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards