June 2014 Weddings

All brides of June 2014

We have decide to have a small wedding. Cause we want to save money and go on our honeymoon to NYC. I have been wanting to go here forever. My fiance family stays there.When are going to the chapel to get married and have our parents and sister and brothers there also. After that we are going to have a big reception and have a good time. I know later on in the years we will be able to have a big wedding. But, its good the way it is and I am very happy to have a wedding and being able to walk down the aisle. Have fun brides and don't be too hot this summer. 

Re: All brides of June 2014

• Sounds awesome but be prepared for the backlash that usually accompanies the statement of having a bigger wedding later lol
  • Sounds awesome but be prepared for the backlash that usually accompanies the statement of having a bigger wedding later lol
    I'm going to jump on this....... You only get one wedding. Not two. You can have a vow renewal later on (5,10,15,20,25) years down the road, but having a big wedding right after your wedding does not fly here. You only get one day.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    I'm going to jump on this....... You only get one wedding. Not two. You can have a vow renewal later on (5,10,15,20,25) years down the road, but having a big wedding right after your wedding does not fly here. You only get one day.

I agree with all of this your get one day, don't do the big celebration or party later and especially don't hide the fact that you are already married. 

Anniversary

• Thats awesome, I wanted to go to NYC for new years for our honeymoon since we cant afford a large wedding and dont need one. We are also having a large reception but it has to wait a few months because we cant afford them both. but great idea for a honeymoon. I am a little confused about the 2 weddings idea though. But more power to you :) good luck
  • Congrats honey..I planned on doing the same thing.. And as a side note you can have as many weddings as you want, don't listen to the knot gods lol...

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• It is true that you can have as many weddings as you want to... and many of your friends and family will be silently scratching their heads in confusion, or outright judging you.  

The whole point of a wedding is to commit to a union with the person you love within the context of your faith.  Who and how many people you would like to witness that moment is a personal choice.  However, that moment only happens once, unless you divorce and remarry your husband.  Everything else is theatrics and attention grabbing.  

You CAN do that, but why would you? 

• Hello June 21st brides, We have decided to change the date of our wedding. We are going to have a small wedding with family there. Myrtle Beach is where we talking about having our wedding at and we still are going to have or cake/cupcake too. Our new wedding date is June 14, 2014. Have fun cause i know we will. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards