Connecticut
Options

CT/NYC photography help

Any brides here come across or used a photographer with this type of style?  http://www.glassjarphotography.com/index2.php#!/3/Philadelphia,_PA/39

How would you describe the style? I've come up with natural lighting, vintage... There are hundreds of photographers in the area so I'm hoping someone (or a few people) might be able to help me out!

Re: CT/NYC photography help

• Options
    I'm not sure what I'd call that style but "fine art" and "natural light" come to mind as style types. When I googled "fine art wedding photography CT" this photographer came up and it looks similar. Keep in mind I know nothing about this photographer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The style is very trendy right now. Is is actually more tea-staining through the editing process than anything else. I would just look at other photographer's websites and see if their style is similar or something you like. 

We spent a long time looking for the right photographer. I mean, the photos are what we have after the wedding to remember, so it is important. Don't be fooled by cool editing, and a handful of photos on someone's website. The best thing to do is ask to see an entire wedding, from start to finish, not just the photographer's favorite 20 in a blog post. 

During our search we came across Carla Ten Eyck, but she and the members of her studio are pricey. I also like Katie Slater. Her work is fantastic. But, our favorite was Eric Brushett, but he does not tea-stain like the photos in the link you provide. 

I hope this is at least someone helpful!

• Options
    Thanks for the help!  I appreciate it!
  • Options
    Check out this recent shoot from HK Photography: 
    Very similar to the style you sampled. We used them for our wedding photos too and they came out fantastic! 
  • Options
    rehtaeh41rehtaeh41 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2014
    Stefanie Kapra Photography!  She is an amazing photographer.  Uses real film as well as digital.
  • Options
    on point images (jesse anders) 

very similar!
  • Options
    Oh you should definitely check out our photographer!  She has some great galleries on her Facebook page and website.  Val McCormick Photography! Highly recommend her!
  • Options
    I second Val McCormick she is wonderful and such a sweetheart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards