Wedding Woes

Is Target getting rid of plus sizes?

I went to Target last night (alone, it was glorious!) and the plus size section was GONE.  Just full of clearance racks.  I couldn't find any plus size clothes that weren't on clearance already.  The section had been shrinking for quite a while now (because it was so big to start with!)- being overtaken by maternity. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Is Target getting rid of plus sizes?

• Not at my Target. I actually went to the maternity section because they have some tank tops that work good for nursing to find like two racks of maternity and the rest overtaken by the plus size section.
  • I thought all the fat people were in the midwest!

I like the nursing tanks from Old Navy, if that helps.  The nursing tanks at my Target are by the nursing bras in lingerie. 

• These tanks aren't nursing specific. They are actually maternity tanks but they are pretty stretchy (and don't have that side ruching) so that I can just pull down the top.
  • Are the clothes just being integrated into the "regular" section? I ask because last time I shopped at our target I noticed plus sizes in with the other clothes.
  • SBmini said:
    Are the clothes just being integrated into the "regular" section? I ask because last time I shopped at our target I noticed plus sizes in with the other clothes.

I wonder if that's what happened.  I never would even think to look in the other section!  I'm so used to having tiny little plus depts at stores.
  • My target has a huge plus size section. But only has 2 racks for maternity, if that much. And I am in large urban area with a "Super Target"

BabyFruit Ticker
  • There was a thread on the plus size board last week asking this same question.  Other people are seeing the same think alikatt is.
  • I'd check the City Target by work but they don't even have a shoe section.  They have camping gear though- that I can't figure out (unless they are trying to appeal to the Lollapalooza crowds or homeless).  

Maybe they're just clearing it all out for spring clothes?

Target only had ugly maternity clothes when I was pg.  Bastards.

• alikatt17 said:

I'd check the City Target by work but they don't even have a shoe section.  They have camping gear though- that I can't figure out (unless they are trying to appeal to the Lollapalooza crowds or homeless).  

Maybe they're just clearing it all out for spring clothes?

Target only had ugly maternity clothes when I was pg.  Bastards.

The target on State and Madison? They have plus sizes. Its just a bit hard to find since its in the back corner on the second floor.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yup, that one.  I don't go there often because I can't haul all that shit home with me on the train and I don't like paying 10% sales tax.

However, I make a small concession for DSW on State because it's the best DSW ever. 

• alikatt17 said:

Yup, that one.  I don't go there often because I can't haul all that shit home with me on the train and I don't like paying 10% sales tax.

However, I make a small concession for DSW on State because it's the best DSW ever. 

If you dont mind me asking, where are you in chicago?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I work by the Palmer House but I live in Plainfield.
  • I also work near the Palmer House but live in Hinsdale. Hey neighbor!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • You don't happen to work for an engineering firm, do you?  Because that would freak me out ;)

• haha. I am a lobbyist. I promise that I am not lurking in your hallway.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • SBmini said:
    Are the clothes just being integrated into the "regular" section? I ask because last time I shopped at our target I noticed plus sizes in with the other clothes.
    Please, God, no. I HATE this shit. I do not have the patience to flip through a bagrillion size 6s to find one size 20 in the back. 

Targets up here have always had scanty plus sections - welcome to the "fittest" state in the union, fatty! - but I haven't noticed mine getting any smaller. 
  • All of the Targets in my area have significantly reduced their plus size section. You can find a rack of tshirts, sweaters and maybe one rack of pants.  They used to have a great plus size section.

• Maybe you fat asses should lose some weight. There is a reason Target calls the color gray "manatee" for a reason.

(I am kidding for those who don't know. Seems we've got a bunch of idiots round these parts these days). 
  • "Manatee"? For reals? I never noticed that. Ha! 
  • Like manatees, plus size clothes at Target are endangered and hard to find in nature. 
  • it could be we're not actually fat, just pregnant!

Seriously though, I tweeted Target and they responded "I'm sorry to hear you're disappointed with the current selection of plus-size clothing. I've shared your comments with our buyers."

Wedding Black & White, Sepia
  • PMeg819 said:
    Maybe you fat asses should lose some weight. There is a reason Target calls the color gray "manatee" for a reason.

(I am kidding for those who don't know. Seems we've got a bunch of idiots round these parts these days). 

For those who didn't get the reference, there was a Target "scandal" sometime last year because a particular dress in the plus size was called "Manatee Gray" for the gray color option, but had a different gray name for the same dress in the regular sizes.

"I'm not fat, I'm big boned!"  Sorry, had to have a Cartman from South Park moment.

And I prefer the term "curvalicous" to "plus size" anyway ;).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards