Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Rehearsal Dinner Guest Question

Hi all!

We just mailed out our rehearsal dinner invites, but I had a quick question - I believe our pianist is going to join our rehearsal, as she wanted to make sure she got timing down for the music.  Should I invite her to the dinner as well? 

My initial thought was no, she's a vendor, and she's not invited to the reception... or did I make an error there and should she be invited to the rehearsal dinner and the reception?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Guest Question

• Options
    Thanks!  That was my thought, but all of a sudden I was second-guessing myself (why, I have no idea) :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    The only ceremony vendor who is customarily invited is the officiant. Typically bc there is an existing relationship. Other vendors that are not working during the reception do not need to be invited or fed.
    GL! :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    Thank you!  That had been my plan all along - our officiant is pretty awesome, so I'm excited for him to be there :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome - We're happy to help :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    Can I get in on this thread? Do we actually need to create and mail formal invites? Or can we just ask the people?

The reason I ask is because our RD will be 99.99% family (the only unrelated person would be the priest.) They already know about the RD and are coming, do we need to actually formally invite them?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    sarahufl said:

Can I get in on this thread? Do we actually need to create and mail formal invites? Or can we just ask the people?

The reason I ask is because our RD will be 99.99% family (the only unrelated person would be the priest.) They already know about the RD and are coming, do we need to actually formally invite them?

No. As long as they all know, you're good. Invites are usually issued when OOT guests are being invited and you don't know if they're coming. Obvs your wedding party is coming.

ETF random capitalisation.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    We sent invites out (they were super simple, I printed them myself) just to give everyone specific times for everything.  I guess we could've done an email to everyone instead, but knowing some of my older family members, mail was safer :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

No. As long as they all know, you're good. Invites are usually issued when OOT guests are being invited and you don't know if they're coming. Obvs your wedding party is coming. ETF random capitalisation.
    Thanks! I thought so, but I wanted to double check. Don't want to be breaking rules here!! All wedding guests will be invited to a Friday night reception at my parent's house, which is being included with the formal invites (not on, but with). Our giant families are enough for the RD.....
  • Options
    @sarahufl - I did invites, it was a simple dyi invite that was perfect size to put on fridge as a reminder and perfect size to grab & take into car so people would have addresses for church & resturant to put into their GPS. Only people that had been to the church previously were me & parents. So it was more of a matter of convenience for us.
  • Options
    sarahufl said:

I think it depends on what your rehearsal dinner will be. If you're having it at a restaurant and need to give the restaurant a head count you should have some form of RSVP even if it's just word of mouth. Keep in mind that SOs of bridal party members must be invited to the rehearsal dinner as well.
  • Options
    lc07 said:
    sarahufl said:

I think it depends on what your rehearsal dinner will be. If you're having it at a restaurant and need to give the restaurant a head count you should have some form of RSVP even if it's just word of mouth. Keep in mind that SOs of bridal party members must be invited to the rehearsal dinner as well.
    thanks, yeah- we are planning for SOs in our headcount. I had figured we would just send an email? Maybe I will make some cute little cards.
  • Options
    @sarahufl if you are interested, I just did a simple card with this poem on it to send out (obviously with our info) - cute and to the point!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Although now I realize that's not quite what I used... Practice make perfect, It's true what they say. Please come for a run through before our big day! Please be at the church on 7 o'clock on the dot Where XXX and XXX will soon tie the knot. We'll practice the ceremony and iron out kinks then its off to xxxxx for some dinner and drinks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards