Snarky Brides
Options

It's not like I don't know...

InkdancerInkdancer member
First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
edited January 2014 in Snarky Brides
Lady, it's not like I don't know that I'm plus size. That is why I am here, asking you about getting a corset in my size to wear under my wedding gown. "No one makes corsets in your size" is BS.

Anybody know where a real live fat girl can find a corset to control her curves? My boobs are too big for a strapless bra.

Alternatively, any other curvy girls feeling a bit rejected by the wedding industry? I feel sad today.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
eyeroll

Re: It's not like I don't know...

• Options
    Try herroom.com. hipsandcurves.com
    Also, look and see if there are any lingerie boutiques in your area. Many of them carry lines that have larger sizes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    moosette113moosette113 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2014
    http://www.lindasonline.com/

I bought my 40G corset at the physical shop in Manhattan associated with the above website, but you can buy everything online if you know what size you need.
  • Options
    *hugs* From one real live fat girl to another.

I feel dumped on by the wedding industry a lot too. The only thing that gives me solace is that shoes fit no matter what size I am and my fiance's love is like that too.

Also, lindasonline.com is a whole lot of awesome.
  • Options
    I feel like the wedding industry is where all the mean girls from high school end up wrking and they can continue their mission of being mean and snobby! I'm sorry you're feeling snubbed. I feel snubbed that I'm in not in the 20k+ wedding category but dang it my weddings going to be pretty and amazing!
  • Options
    zizibet said:
    Try herroom.com. hipsandcurves.com
    Also, look and see if there are any lingerie boutiques in your area. Many of them carry lines that have larger sizes.
    The best lingerie boutique in the area was where I heard that nonsense today. I usually get my regular bras from them and they're very nice, but apparently the new girl hasn't gotten her politeness training yet.
    eyeroll
  • Options
    @moosete113 @vollebell I will try that! I wear a 40I so it's hard to find stuff.

@Amyzen83 Too true! I expected people who work with brides to be all about love and happiness but it turns out they're just people, sometimes rude people. No matter what, your wedding is gonna rock because you rock!
    eyeroll
  • Options
  • Options
    @Inkdancer Honestly, bras were the bane of my existence until I found this shop/website. I think I wore the wrong size bra for 3 years because I couldn't find anything that remotely fit in a department store. I wear the corset purchased for my wedding at least once a month because it's frickin' amazing and actually keeps my boobs where they're supposed to be.
  • Options
    @moosette113 Oh my goodness that is the best news! I will definitely check them out.
    eyeroll
  • Options
    Personally I love torrid.com. It may be hard to find a corset (in white). But you may get lucky! Good luck.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @Dottie05 I love Torrid and I buy tons of clothes from them, but they don't carry corsets in my cup size. Once you leave the Ds behind they kind of don't know what to do with you.
    eyeroll
  • Options
    Ahh good to know! I am on the other side of the problem. I am a B but need a 40-42. It is also hard to find.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That's what my mom wears, and David's Bridal actually had a perfect corset to fit her! I was jealous, she had it easy.
    eyeroll
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards