Wedding Etiquette Forum

Where to include registry?

I've seen them on invitations. But now reading that it's a no-no. Do you make a separate card like a 4x4 card. Does it go with the invitations when mailed out?

Re: Where to include registry?

• No.  It can go on/in your shower invitations (if you have one) or you can put the info on your wedding website (if you have one). Beyond that, you never ever mention your registry unless someone asks you about it.  Period. If people want to know, they will either ask you or someone close to you (like they did before the internet) or Google it. If they don't want to know, you can't tell them.
  • Guess I should start a website. Lol. I will put my registry card into bridal shower invite. Thank you
  • meowcat84 said:
    Guess I should start a website. Lol. I will put my registry card into bridal shower invite. Thank you
    Whoever is offering to throw you a shower, I would just let her know that you have the cards if she would like them. Then she can choose to put them in or not (she probably will, but not everyone does). It will work out.
  • auriannaaurianna member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2014
  • You should not be hosting your own shower, so you should not be able to put them in your shower invites. If someone offers to host a shower for you, you can give the registry cards to her.

Most people know how to find your registry even without the information card. A simple google search for your name will bring it up, and they will probably also check with the common major stores.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Honestly I don't even like registry information on wedding websites.  Wedding websites are information about your wedding day and since you should never expect presents from your guests then putting your registry information on the website which is supposed to be used by your guests to get information about your wedding (aka a virtual invitation, in my eye) then registry information can be seen as you assuming that they want to buy you a gift.

Did any of that make sense?

• Honestly I don't even like registry information on wedding websites.  Wedding websites are information about your wedding day and since you should never expect presents from your guests then putting your registry information on the website which is supposed to be used by your guests to get information about your wedding (aka a virtual invitation, in my eye) then registry information can be seen as you assuming that they want to buy you a gift.

I'm with you.  I don't judge other people for it, but I'm firmly in the camp that I would never affirmatively tell someone about my registry without first being asked.  

It does to me.  I just plain don't like getting registry information when I didn't ask for it, or even the assumption that I'm going to ask for it.  If I want it, I will ask for it, so please wait until then to provide it.

I get that, but I'm of the opinion that if the info is on its own seperate page that you must personally click on to see, it is neither forced upon you nor are you obligated to click it.

A little mini Schordingers Nyan Cat, if you will.

Anniversary
  • chibiyui said:
    Honestly I don't even like registry information on wedding websites.  Wedding websites are information about your wedding day and since you should never expect presents from your guests then putting your registry information on the website which is supposed to be used by your guests to get information about your wedding (aka a virtual invitation, in my eye) then registry information can be seen as you assuming that they want to buy you a gift.

I get that, but I'm of the opinion that if the info is on its own seperate page that you must personally click on to see, it is neither forced upon you nor are you obligated to click it. A little mini Schordingers Nyan Cat, if you will.
    See I compare those different tabs/pages on websites as the different inserts in your wedding invitation.  If you want to get info on accommodations you pull out that insert, etc, etc.  But again, with weddings, one should never assume that guests are going to get you gifts so even to make a registry page is showing your guests that you expect them to buy you something.

The only time I think it is acceptable to include registry information is for showers since they are gift giving events and word of mouth when people ask.

• I suppose we'll have to disagree on that, as I think there is a difference in intent and accessibility between printing and mailing registry information with an invite and having it on a website.

Anniversary
  • We have our registry info up on our website and I told my MOH where we are registered so after that it won't go anywhere else.  I don't know if a shower is being planned or not, my MOH did ask for a guest list but that's all I know.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards