These served as a nice guideline for me (our reception venue has their own kitchen so we didn't have to hire caterers - they were included) so I thought I would share.
1. How will you handle last minute requests?
2. Will you be there?
- You want he person you have been dealing with to be there from start to finish
3. What's your wait-staff to table ratio?
4. What's included in your per-person price?
5. What happens to leftover food?
6. How does your staff dress?
7. Can we see the banquet event order?