Chit Chat
Options

When is it going to end?

I'm so sick of the sub-zero temps and the snow! Ugh! It doesn't appear there is an end in sight either.

Re: When is it going to end?

• Options

@jdluvr06

I don't remember where you live but according to the monthly forecast on weather.com, we won't have high temperatures (30 or higher) until the 2nd of February. Lol

• Options
    Here, it will end mid-April.  At the earliest

• Options
    it was -16 just in my garage this morning...outside it was -20...that doesn't include windchill...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker}
  • Options
    We had -15 today, but Sunday is supposed to get to 50 before it drops back to the teens on Monday. :-/
  • Options
    Despite the ridiculous low temps, my dog thinks it's play time. Last night, I took her out and she laid in the snow like she's on her couch-she actually got comfy. Finally got up, with a snow mustache.

I think the neighbors know our routine, cause they can hear me begging, Please go potty, every morning and most nights...I can't wait till it's at least 40 degrees, then I don't mind being in the freezing cold so much.
  • Options
    @everafter my dog loves loves snow but she has a cone on her head because she had surgery on her ear so I'm having to take her out on a leash. She is a 60lb lab so pulling her back in the house has been a fight. I feel your pain. I have a feeling that 40 degrees is going to feel like 60 when it finally gets here.
  • Options
    We're in another blizzard watch. Again. I think this the third or fourth one up here since the 1st. Wasn't aware I was living in a Laura Ingalls Wilder novel ...
  • Options
    FI's dog does the same thing with the snow.  My dog gets cold like me and would rather be under the blankets.
  • Options
    yall should move to the PNW...we have had NO snow :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I feel like the weather is taunting us here. It's been -25 or worse all week and then today it's -3. It's making working on a Friday so much harder. Plus their forecasting the weekend to be back down to -25.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I usually really don't mind the winter. I like the snow. But it was 8 degrees this morning and I'm just so tired of this cold. 
  • Options
    I go outside a lot thought out the day. I am tired of wearing leggings and 2 pairs of socks under my work clothes everyday. I've stopped checking the weather but I'm pretty sure its not even close to over. I'll take 20° with a smile at this point.
  • Options
    We're expecting another 10cm here over the next day or so, and we've been under a wind chill warning for half of the week (ie: "Please keep in mind that frostbite can occur in under 10 minutes."). I effing HATE winter in Canada.

• Options
    So.... it's +40 degrees in Fairbanks, Alaska, and I got the day off of work because it's too warm and the roads are solid ice.

But it was -40 degrees two weeks ago, and that's pretty normal for January.

• Options
    @jdluvr06, mine is a 70lb black lab (she's overweight). I wonder if it's a thing with labs. It's a good thing they're so cute!

I just moved to a new office building, with no coffee options. So I have to switch into winter boots, jacket, gloves and hat every time I want a cup of coffee.
  • Options
    @everafter it must be a lab thing. My sister's yellow lab loves the snow too.
  • Options
    The news tonight said cold for what feels like the foreseeable future. I wouldn't mind so much if the heat in my apartment wasn't so lame. We're the end unit so 3 sets of outside walls AND the last building in the complex so we don't seem to get as much heat as everyone else. It was 60 degrees inside when I woke up this morning. The worst is going to the bathroom. Damn, the seat is cold at 2 am!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    I find the whole polar vortex thing extremely hilarious.  I live in Alaska and we are having temperatures much much warmer than normal the past week and a half!!  In fact, we've been warmer than much of the lower 48!
  • Options
    Hello blizzard warning! Again!
  • Options
    Here, I just wish it would pick something and stick with it. Friday morning the wind chill was -3 (which is really bad for us), and today it was 65 this afternoon. Same tomorrow, and then Monday morning back to air temps in the single digits. No wonder everyone here is sick and all our aches and pains are flaring up. The weather is too fickle.
  • Options
    We're in another blizzard watch. Again. I think this the third or fourth one up here since the 1st. Wasn't aware I was living in a Laura Ingalls Wilder novel ...
    I actually pulled out the Long Winter the other day to remind myself that we have it pretty easy.

On an unrelated note, it's definitely not just a lab thing.  We have a Saint Bernard who has been having a blast, except that she seems quite put out that we won't join her in her snow frolics.  She damn near has a tantrum when we won't let her stay out for more than a couple of minutes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Natural gas heat is reduced. Damn good timing to blow a pipeline. -50 wind chills, blizzard, and could be days before we get it back in full.
  • Options
    I welcome you all to Southern California. Where we have beach days in January on the regular. I ditched the east coast largely for this purpose. It's amazing.
  • Options

This is just BS.  My 10 day forecast has a balmy 27 on Thursday, but the rest of it stays below that.  No 30's in sight yet.  I am soooo sick of this crap.

I think my DD might be trying to pay people to take her kids (seriously who buys a 12 yo?  You are gonna have to pay to get rid of a 12 yo).  Her kids haven't been able to play outside since God knows when and they keep cancelling school (Christmas break went for 3 weeks).  She called again the other night, "Mommmmm.....they cancelled school AGAIN!!!"  Then she asked me if I wanted to come over.  Uh.....no.

We had the flood of the century in the Spring and I haven't seen a Winter like this (been in Michigan 34 years now) in forever.  Yep, BS.

• Options
    We MIGHT (though highly unlikely) get snow here in Tallahassee tonight. Low of 24 expected.
  • Options
    I've been working from home several days because of cold weather. I'm not a wimp about the cold myself, but I don't want to get in an accident on icy roads or get stranded on public transportation.  If not for my gym being three blocks away I'd have cabin fever. I am very thankful for telecommuting though, regardless. 

A few friends and I went out of town this past weekend (Napa! Woooo!) and I wore.... NO SLEEVES.  We didn't understand what this bizarre "non-cold" feeling was.  This Thursday and Friday I have to (oh darn) work in Miami and then I'm staying through the weekend to run a half-marathon. I. Cannot. Wait!

• Options
    The gas is back! The heat is back! And I'm hoping for a credit on the bill that probably won't be there ... some sort of a "we're sorry we screwed you all over in the middle of a blizzard" credit.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards