Wedding Reception Forum

Desperate for perfect venue

Ladies brides HELP!!!!!! I've researched high an low can not find a venue that is to my liking!!!! I'm looking for possible barn, something vintage rustic building!!! Smaller wedding... I'm getting married this year but have no date bc of availability I need your help beauty brides!!! I'm looking in the Dayton area or north of Dayton!!!

Re: Desperate for perfect venue

• Well, no venue you find anywhere is going to be "perfect."

Also, this is an international board, not a Dayton-area one, so you'll have better luck asking on your local board.
  •  I agree, that posting on your local board may be of more help to you! Try to remember when you do look at venues, that you can do a lot to change something into the perfect venue for 'you.' It's going to be hard to find something 100% perfect, but there are sometimes ways to work around, and change the imperfections to your liking. 

Other than posting on your local board, or researching online, maybe ask some of your friends, or coworkers, & see if anyone has any recommendations. Maybe someone's been to a similar reception venue, or knows of somewhere that you've some how overlooked? Maybe casually post something on FB? Even a simple, 'anyone out there have suggestions for a vintage/rustic style venue location that can fit 'x' amount of ppl?' You never know what you may find! 

Good luck!

*J
  • Thank you ladies I appreciate the input :)
  • Think outside the box, that's my best advice. We looked at a lot of venue options and ended up choosing a small, independent art gallery that doesn't typically do weddings. It took a couple of months to find it but it was worth it for the $600 we'll pay to rent the entire building for the entire day.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Definitely give up the idea of a "perfect" venue. It doesn't exist! Figure out what's important to you, and try to find a venue that checks off as many boxes as possible. You'll likely have to compromise somewhere. For instance, maybe the venue itself won't be super rustic, but you can have all the decor be rustic and pull of your vision still. Maybe you don't like the idea of a "typical hotel wedding" but you can find a unique hotel that will still work for you. Just make sure that your Number 1 requirement is comfort for your guests (i.e. plenty of space, seats, no gap, etc.). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards