Wedding Party
Options

Question on Bridesmaid Shoes

Our wedding colors are dark/moss green and chocolate brown.  I did choose the bridesmaid dresses; they match my dress' style and looks so cute (including color) on them all (plus it's comfy for an outside summer wedding). It's a fairly formal outdoor event. I am wearing pearls so I told the girls it might be fun if we all did, plus two of five have their own and we have some to lend the other two. I told the girls I didn't care what they did with their hair, makeup, nails (although I'm considering pampering the day before with manicures). I told them to wear whatever they want for shoes, although I told them since it's in a garden I suggested flats. I really didn't want them having to buy new shoes if they already had some they wanted to wear. However, now I'm getting a lot of flack (from others, not the bridesmaids) that I should direct them to wear a certain color. People are worried they will show up in red or yellow heels and spoil the pictures. Apparently this will draw all attention to their feet instead of me? I have a hard time with this because I really don't see it as important that they match shoes, particulaly as their dresses match. Yellow shoes would look probably look cute with the dark brown dresses. They're all going to dress to look nice, so it's not like anyone's going to show up in sneakers. Is this really something I should really worry about and go back to the girls with new directions? Is this really going to cause a distraction and will anyone even notice?

Re: Question on Bridesmaid Shoes

• Options
    I wouldn't worry about it. Even iff someone shows up with neon pink people won't pay that much attention to their shoes. You could ask that they wear a "neutral" color though.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Well, changing what you originally told them might be frustrating for them if they already had in their head what shoes they were going to wear.  But, maybe you can ask them to keep them on the more neutral side (or something) if that is what you want, not what other random guests feel would look better.  Here are pictures of BMs with different shoes:
  • Options
    I would probably notice yellow shoes, but only while the BM is walking up the aisle.  Once you get there, my attention would be diverted to the beautiful bride in white and the expressions on everyone's faces.  It certainly isn't going to take away anyone's attention during the ceremony or ruin your photos.  

You'll be fine with whatever shoes they wear.  If you want to chose a neutral color, it's fine, but don't feel like you need to.  If you think a BM would be likely to wear something off the wall, you can simply ask that they limit shoes to neutrals and leave it at that.  

If anyone who isn't a BM gives you flack about it, nod and change the subject.  BM shoes is really not anyone's business, except yours and the BM wearing them.  
  • Options
    Sounds great. I will continue to nod and change the subject. I think those two pictures with various shoes look super cute! Thanks!
  • Options
    It's so nice that you care about your friends' comfort and individual styles.
    You have a very good attitude about this.
  • Options
    lday998 I think all the PPs have covered the shoe issue. I just wanted to comment on the pearls. We did pearls for myself and the wedding party and it looked really cute (we shared and lent items to each other so no one had to buy anything if they didn't want to - and obv I didn't care if they were real or not! The necklaces were different lengths, the pearls were different sizes, some had multiple strands. The earrings were all different too with dangles and studs - my MOH/sister has gauged ears wore these plugs that looked like giant pearls - so cute! So I just wanted to share how much I love that look! :)

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards