Hawaii

Paradise Maui Weddings

Has anyone used Paradise Maui Weddings to plan their wedding. Whenever I ask my wedding planner questions all she seems to tell me is "we'll figure that out as time gets closer" Needless to say it's frusturating. Has anyone else delt with them? 
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Paradise Maui Weddings

• breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't used them but my coordinator has told me that before.

And with good reason.

A lot of the little decisions really don't need to be made until a few weeks out. You'll change your mind a million times in the process.

I can't tell you how many times I've had him email the hair stylist a different "hair inspiration" photo.
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Plus, most planners don't get into the nitty gritty of the details (beyond reserving certain vendors) until about 2-3 months before the wedding.  It's just the schedule everyone's on, not just the coordinators.  And it really does work fine.  You can do your own research and refine your vision before then, but you won't need to nail down many of the details before then.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't have any experience with Paradise Maui Weddings, but it was a similar experience for us.  WC and all other vendors got much more interested in the 2-3 month mark.  I believe as long as the date & basics are confirmed (please hold 53 chairs for us), the details can all be sorted out very easily in 2-3 months.
  • Ready2wed11Ready2wed11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay well that's good to know. I guess just because it's a destination wedding and I have never been there before I just feel so out of touch. But, ya'lls posts did calm my nerves a bit. Thanks Ladies!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • DO NOT BOOK THIS COMPANY!!!! If you are up for just showing up to a wedding, then go ahead. I live in California and paid in full with this company as I don't like to owe money, once I did, Klaus said he would not plan anything for 45 days until the wedding. Well, he also said he wouldn't know what flowers would be in season and I couldn't choose those, if you are a coordinator on Maui, you know what flowers are in season. I also contacted multiple florists who knew what would be in season for my wedding. I also let him know that I would have around 30 people at my wedding, come to find out from multiple vendors that the beach he chose was much to small to accommodate that many people, although he still said, "no problem". All the warnings you read from others are true, I'm sure if I hadn't cancelled with him we would have had no officiant on our wedding day. My new coordinator is amazing and such a difference, do your research. Klaus said he has only had to issue 5 refunds in his time in the industry, well, he has not issued me a full refund so don't waste your money on this coordinator.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards