Wedding Reception Forum
Options

What to do with chairs

several of our venue options offer white resin chairs. Now they dont look very formal as we are having a formal wedding. Should I go for chair covers or rent other style of chair? 

Re: What to do with chairs

• Options
    No one will remember nor care about your chairs.  I think out of the almost 1000 pictures I have from our photographer of our wedding, 3 had the chairs in them.  And once your guests throw their jackets, purses, and shawls over the backs of the chairs you really won't be able to see them anyway.  The only time your guests will complain about your chairs is if you don't have enough.

Save your money on chair covers or renting chairs and put it towards the bar and food because that is what your guests care the most about.

• Options
    I have no idea what our reception chairs looked like. I think they were brown, but I couldn't pick them out of a lineup. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
     I agree, this may not be a big thing for some people, but personally, I would cover or change the chairs. I didn't like the chairs in our reception hall, and ordered chair covers and bows. (Bows for every second chair). When our decorator had decorated the hall, the chairs were the last thing that got done. I happened to walk into the venue the night before, and seeing everything look so beautiful, with those ugly chairs, I was *so* happy we'd decided to cover them! For me, it was well worth the extra $ to cover them up! I preferred the style of chair covers & bows we chose, vs fancier chairs. I suppose it's your personal preference! :)

*J
  • Options
    Like this?
    If so, I think those kinds of chairs look nice.  I would only cover chairs if they are really ugly or an odd colour.
  • Options
    @doeydo they were these type

and we are planning a very formal affair

• Options
    Ok, well if you want to then you could contact party rental companies in your area and price out the rental of different types of chairs.
  • Options
    @doeydo

yeah I have two quotes for tiffany chairs and chair covers in case I decide to keep the plastic chairs

• Options
    FYI chair covers on plastic chairs suck because all they do is slip around while your guests sit in them and then they just look like crap after about 2 minutes.

• Options
    FYI chair covers on plastic chairs suck because all they do is slip around while your guests sit in them and then they just look like crap after about 2 minutes.
     Agreed! If the venue chairs are those plastic ones, I wouldn't go for the chair covers. They'll definitely be a mess in no time! I totally agree that those chairs are not formal *at all*, and would definitely look into renting another type! 

*J
  • Options
    If you really want to, rent more expensive chairs. But really, your guests will hardly notice.
  • Options
    I was totally not sold on the idea of renting chair covers and then I saw pictures my venue posted on facebook from a wedding that was there and the chairs were an ugly poo brown color and it totally clashed with the colors that the couple had decorated with and it threw off the whole feel of the wedding (at least thats what I thought from looking at the pictures). I decided to spend the extra money on the covers because I have spent a lot of money on making sure everything is uniform and matching and looks nice together, but that is really important to me. If you aren't concerned with things like that then save your money, but since you said yours is more formal I would probably spring for different chairs with covers because those plastic ones are not formal at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards