New Jersey

On a Budget Wedding venues

I just recently got engaged and I hope to have a wedding in October 2014. I was looking at rustic places but they were very pricey and did not include the tables and silverware. I live in the central New Jersey area and I hope to have a wedding within 45 mins from where I live. So far I am about to take tours with Sayen Gardens, Hopewell vineyards, Cranbury inn, and Washington Crossing inn. If anyone knows about these places please let me know or any additional place that they may recommend. Thank you!

Kristen 

Re: On a Budget Wedding venues

• I looked at Washington Crossing Inn for a Saturday night the minimum guest # needed was 120 and I believe the package prices were between $120-$150.  I didn't like their venue because their primary place for cocktail hour especially if it rained or was cold was in the ballroom where the reception would be.
    I forget about Cranbury Inn & I never looked at Hopewell vineyards.
    I attended a wedding at sayen gardens a few months ago. It was outdoors in April. It was real pretty. I don't know how the gardens would look in October or what would be in bloom then.  The reception was in the house there, the wedding was very small under 50 people and it barely fit everyone we were in rooms throughout the house, as was the dancing and the food.  Not sure how much it cost for them either.
    Do you have a budget in mind or whether you want a Friday, Saturday or Sunday?

Anniversary

• Thanks for the information. I would really want a wedding on a Saturday but if I have to do a Sunday I will depending on the price. The cheapest I saw on the website of Washington Crossing inn was 100 per person. I would like to stick between 50-100 dollars per person. I'm also interested in Stockton inn and Olde york country club. If you have any other suggestions I would love to hear them! 
  • I checked out Old York Club too, I don't think they had a venue minimum but the price per person was based on what meal was ordered.  So the package per person ranged from $120-$160 per person depending on the meal that was ordered, this was for a Saturday night.

I did not look at Stockton Inn.

Anniversary

• Thanks! Have you also heard anything about Rose bank winery?
  • edited August 2013
    No actually I don't even know where that is.

Anniversary

• Has anyone heard of the Stockton inn? 
  • I know a few people who have attended weddings there, and the photos are always beautiful.  According to their website, they are no longer doing weddings: http://stocktoninn.com/
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thank you so much I totally missed that on their website lol Any other on the budget wedding venues suggestions will be greatly appreciated 
  • Thank you so much I totally missed that on their website lol Any other on the budget wedding venues suggestions will be greatly appreciated 
    I guess the most important question is.....what is your definition of "budget"?
  • 60-95 dollars per person 
  • Check out some of the venues that Merri-Makers caters.  We looked at Neshanic Valley Golf Course about a year ago, and I think their prices started around $69.  I know they've since gone up, but it may be worth a try. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thanks I will check those out! 
  • edited August 2013

Neshanic valley for 2014 on a Saturday night had a package for $109 including tax and gratuity that was their cheapest package. Same for most of the MerriMakers Caterers.

ETA- The only places of the close to 40 venues I got pricing for in the mercer/middlesex/monmouth county area that were in your price range were Courtyard on Main in Freehold, Windsor Ballroom- East Windsor, Crystal Ballroom a the Raddison in Freehold.  The Courtyard on Main was ok, it felt like a place to have a bar mitzavah or sweet sixteen versus a wedding.  They were real nice though and had a lot of different packages.

Anniversary

• Thanks trying to keep it within a budget is so hard.I'm taking tours of the Clarion palmer inn, cranbury inn, washington crossing, hopewell valley vineyards, and sayen gardens.

So far Sayen gardens looks like the cheapest I am hoping to make a decision soon to get this process over with!! 
  • I know a few people who have attended weddings there, and the photos are always beautiful.  According to their website, they are no longer doing weddings: http://stocktoninn.com/
    That's weird the lady called me two weeks ago. They sent me info it started at $115. it I confused it with the Pittstown Inn stockton is too far.

• Yea the Stockton inn is definitely not doing any more weddings for next year they called me back  
  • I just recently got engaged and I hope to have a wedding in October 2014. I was looking at rustic places but they were very pricey and did not include the tables and silverware. I live in the central New Jersey area and I hope to have a wedding within 45 mins from where I live. So far I am about to take tours with Sayen Gardens, Hopewell vineyards, Cranbury inn, and Washington Crossing inn. If anyone knows about these places please let me know or any additional place that they may recommend. Thank you!

Kristen 
    I was in a wedding that had their reception at Sayen Gardens...I loved the little house but the venue itself was too small for the 75 people they had at their reception.  It felt like we were in a can of sardines.  Plus, the dance area was too small and we had to take the bouquet and garter toss outside (brides request).  I will be attending a wedding next October at Sayen Gardens, but that is just for the ceremony.  

If you're looking for not expensive, try Windsor Ballroom at the Holiday Inn East Windsor.  We are having our reception there and it's absolutely beautiful.  We got a great per person pricing and couldn't be more thrilled.  I, too, wanted the rustic look but after seeing Windsor Ballroom I fell in love with a more elegant wedding.

60-95 dollars per person 
    We're paying right in the middle and couldn't be more thrilled....a lot of the places we went to were over $90 per person....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • Thanks for the help! I will be looking at Sayen Gardens and washington crossing inn tomorrow. i will be looking at the east windsor ballroom on wednsday! 
  • Has anyone been to a wedding at the harvest moon inn? 
  • This may be a bit far for you but check out Renault Winery - my friend had her wedding there a couple years ago and the room was rustic but elegant and I'm pretty sure it was budget friendly. I think she was able to bring in alcohol outside of wine and centerpieces may have been included in some packages. Very pretty in the fall too.

• Thanks for the help! I will be looking at Sayen Gardens and washington crossing inn tomorrow. i will be looking at the east windsor ballroom on wednsday! 
    When you meet Tara & Caitlin, they are awesome.  When we saw the cocktail hour area and ballroom, it was in full swing for a wedding reception.  Of course, we popped into the ballroom before the reception started, but when we went back to the cocktail area (closer to the offices) it was empty (we passed the wedding party by a mere few minutes).  You get soooooo much out of their packages.  Tell them that Michelle & Ronnie say hi!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 0 awaiting reply
  • momyz444momyz444 member
    First Comment
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for all the help I looked at Sayen gardens and Washington Crossing inn and Hopewell Valley vineyard today

I liked that Sayen Gardens was a more home type and romantic type of feel because I am a simple kind of lady. Also its in my fiance home town We just loved it for our small size.

Washington Crossing inn was more like a colonial historic type. The only downside is that they can only provide us with a morning wedding on a Saturday and it seem way too elegant to me and a lil big for my group size. The had great package deals.

Hopewell Valley Vineyard was nice but not in my price range.

Tomorrow we will be seeing the east windsor ballroom and cranbury inn I'll see how it goes!! 

This is the mother of the bride response!!! 
  • I went to the East Windsor Ballroom and i loved their prices and they included so much in their pacakages! 

Even though I wanted a rustic wedding this included so much more then any other venue I looked at!

So after looking at all those other venues I decided to book the East Windsor Ballroom for October 5, 2014!! It felt so right to book there then to go anywhere else!!

Thank you ladies for all of your help!!! 
  • I went to the East Windsor Ballroom and i loved their prices and they included so much in their pacakages! 

Even though I wanted a rustic wedding this included so much more then any other venue I looked at!

So after looking at all those other venues I decided to book the East Windsor Ballroom for October 5, 2014!! It felt so right to book there then to go anywhere else!!

Thank you ladies for all of your help!!! 
    Congrats!!! Tara and Caitlin will become your best friends and you'll love working with them.  They are so helpful and have soooooo many ideas and suggestions.  Next time you go in to see them, bring a bag of reese's peanut butter cups (mini or regular size) and give them to Tara.  She'll LOVE you for it!  

We couldn't be happier with the package that we got (Winter Wonderland) and we only added one extra thing, the dessert pedestals for on each table during the cake cutting.  We were going to do the 'chocolate bar' but decided that it might be a little too much.  Congrats again!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 0 awaiting reply
  • I have an appt with Windsor ballroom on Monday and I wanted to ask how much was your package? They have the January Blizzard of Sales going on right now and the price was there. I wonder if tax and gratuity is already included cuz it doesn't say anything about it,
  • mine after taxes was around 64 per person but I am having mine on a sunday night. Saturday rates are a little more and also if you have your I believe between nov-march its cheaper as well and they have winter packages!! Windsor ballroom is the best they really work well with you and want you to be happy! I went to their tasting today and it was like a party !!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards