Knottie Tech Help

Body is required error message.

When I first joined The Knot I was able to post on threads easily.  Recently I started getting "Body is required" error message.  I "googled" the error message and someone suggested adding theknot.com to my compatibility view settings on Internet Explorer.  While this has worked (hence my ability to ask this question) it also seems to have slowed down the response rate to the site.  It can take upwards of 30 seconds for the sentence I'm typing to appear on screen.  While I'm grateful to be able to post is there any other way to address the original error (body required on IE) that won't impact the sites response rate?

Anniversary

Re: Body is required error message.

• Okay I also found the suggestion to use a different browser (firefox or chrome) and that seems to have solved the problem but there has to be a workable solution for IE.  I hate the idea of having to bounce to a different browser just for Theknot.
    Anniversary
  • Hi @ShellD13, thank you for your patience! Our developers are working on a solution for this problem across our communities.
  • Yes, I had to fix that problem by switching back to Firefox (had to re-download and re-install it).  IE is the problem with that error message. It shouldn't be that difficult of a fix.
  • I'm having similar issues. And get a lot of double posts when I do get things posted...someone had mentioned clicking "show source"....that lets me post but often doubles and removes paragraph formatting
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm having similar issues. And get a lot of double posts when I do get things posted...someone had mentioned clicking "show source"....that lets me post but often doubles and removes paragraph formatting
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi @clg1213! Double posts seem to be a problem across all three of our communties, and our developers are working to fix this ongoing issue.

Thanks!- KP

• Is there a preferred post-writer response? ignore it? I don't think we can really delete but maybe change the follow-ups to "oops"-type notes?? And is it the current norm to need to use the Show Source button in order to post?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Is there a preferred post-writer response? ignore it? I don't think we can really delete but maybe change the follow-ups to "oops"-type notes?? And is it the current norm to need to use the Show Source button in order to post?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards