Canada-Ontario
Options

Beckers Bridal - Onsite/Offsite Alterations?

I just purchased my dress from Beckers and am wondering if any fellow knotties can share their experiences with Beckers alterations.

You get a 10% discount on the dress if you take it offsite to have it altered (they provide a list of tailors). Just wondering whether or not that is worth it or whether it is better/easier to just keep it all in-house. Anyone have their dresses altered at Beckers or at one of their tailors offisite?

I am not a fashion/clothing person so I would be relying heavily on the tailor to tell me what is needed, etc.

Thanks

V

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Beckers Bridal - Onsite/Offsite Alterations?

• Options
    I'm planning on taking mine offsite. I think there was an early post that discussed this but would love to hear more people's experiences.
  • Options
    I got my dress there in 2010.  It's worth it depending on the cost of your dress and your time constraints.  They get quite busy so you may have to take your dress in earlier than at other places so it's not last minute and they quoted me with alterations of $600+ (my dress was $1300).  I went elsewhere (Irene's Studio) and paid less than $300 for a bustle, taking in the sides, and shortening (all with chantilly lace to alter as well).
  • Options
    I'm actually looking for a tailor and I've heard their tailors are excellent! Would you be able to share a list of their tailors at all? Thanks in advance!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards