Wedding Party

HELP!

My bridesmaids are all family-- my 2 sisters, and my 2 cousins. I haven't had much trouble from my sisters... They've gone for their fittings, and I didn't have to remind them. But my 2 cousins haven't really made an effort, and I don't know what to do to get them to go for fittings!

Any suggestions?

Re: HELP!

• My bridesmaids are all family-- my 2 sisters, and my 2 cousins. I haven't had much trouble from my sisters... They've gone for their fittings, and I didn't have to remind them. But my 2 cousins haven't really made an effort, and I don't know what to do to get them to go for fittings!

Any suggestions?

Did you get a final order date from the salon?  If so let your cousins know that they have until X day to get their dresses order.  Then back away.  They are adults and are more then capable of ordering a dress without you constantly bothering them.  If they don't order the dress (which is the only thing that they have to do as BMs) then they have essentially taken themselves out of the wedding.

• When is the wedding?  I was in 2 different weddings where I got the dress altered pretty close to the wedding. One was done 3 days out from the wedding.  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Oh wait this is for their fittings?  Like you mean getting the dresses altered?  So they already have their dresses?  In that case leave them the hell alone!  Like Lynda said, I was in a wedding where my Mom hemmed my dress the night before.

I will repeat, these people are adults and are more then capable of getting their shit done by themselves.

• Either they'll get it done or they won't.  If they care about being in your wedding, they'll get it done and show up on time and in the dresses.  If they don't, they'll have taken themselves out of your wedding party.

I'd remind them of any deadline to get the work done on their dresses, but leave them to get the work done by that deadline.  There really isn't anything else you can do within etiquette.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards