March 2014 Weddings
Options

2 Big checks off the list

FI and I went with my MOH, BM and RB to David's Bridal to get our shoes on Saturday.  I found mine and ordered them in the color I wanted.  They'll be in, the latest, end of February.  No biggie.  MOH & BM both bought their shoes and paid for them to be dyed.  They'll have their shoes in less than a week.  I checked up on one of my BM's dresses and almost had a panic attack right there in the store.  The replacement dress is "In Process" and will be in the store by 3/13 (worse case scenario).  I was told that if it said "Pending" I could be more worried.  Being that when they originally ordered their dresses in August, they were in with in 2 weeks - and the latest 2 that were delivered were almost 3 1/2 weeks from ordering time.  I am going to relax for a bit on that issue and if I don't hear anything by Feb 10th, I'll probably freak out.  So the shoes are checked off...

2nd thing - we had our tasting at our Venue.  HOLY SMOKES there is going to be a TON and a half of food!  There is so much to choose from.  They got us for more $$ by having us add on a back drop behind the sweet heart table (which we could do with out but FI doesn't want doors as our backdrop!) and the chair bows that I thought were included in our package and they aren't.  No biggie.  Just another 300 between the 2 items.  I can swing it.  Thankfully.  :o)  

So, with the tasting over, I feel like it's going to be here before I know it.  It's not even Feb 1st yet....but I'm getting more and more excited....and nervous.

How's everyone else doing!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Michelle & Ronald
01/03/81
06/18/81
08/25/10
05/07/13
03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
image 40 are party poopers
image 0 awaiting reply
Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.

Re: 2 Big checks off the list

• Options
    Yay for tastings! I got my shoes last weekend also. I just went to Penney's and got an ivory pump, they are cute. I've been wearing them for about 15 minutes every night to break them in as I have become very comfortable with just wearing Uggs or flip flops every day! I'm on an excitement trip lately, no nerves. I see, to go back and forth between periods of just being excited and just being nervous. Our lease at our apartment is up February 28th, we are tired of the rent increases so we are out. One more stress in my world!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LisaA2014 said:
    Yay for tastings! I got my shoes last weekend also. I just went to Penney's and got an ivory pump, they are cute. I've been wearing them for about 15 minutes every night to break them in as I have become very comfortable with just wearing Uggs or flip flops every day! I'm on an excitement trip lately, no nerves. I see, to go back and forth between periods of just being excited and just being nervous. Our lease at our apartment is up February 28th, we are tired of the rent increases so we are out. One more stress in my world!
    Ahhh. When I get my shoes, I plan to do the same - wear them for 15-20 minutes each night to break them in.  I don't want to ruin the soles too much as my girls will be putting their initials on my soles (with the married girls in the arch of the shoe) to see who gets rubbed off the most.  The one w/the most rub will most likely get married next.  

Our lease has been up since November of 2012.  Our landlord is also our best man, so he's been cool.  If I need a new lease for anything needing proof of residency, I will have him print me up a new copy but for right now, we're ok.  We've been looking at houses for a few months now.  Once the wedding is over, we are going to really hit the house search.  That way if we find a house in, lets say June, we'll be able to put an offer and if accepted be moved in mid-July...then I can get my son transferred to the new school district and see if they're willing to send to his current school (Private).  If not, hopefully they have a good program for him to be in.  He doesn't do well in big classes.  Oye.

Well, good luck in your new place search (if you're searching).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 0 awaiting reply
  • Options
    I've never heard of the initials thing, so cool! Most of my girls are married or engaged. Minus my sister, but she is only 20 so she has tons of time. I would love to rent without a lease, my rent has gone up over $200 a month in 3 years! We are searching!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good luck @LisaA2014.  I heard of the initial thing a few years ago at a girlfriend's wedding that I was in.  I had a serious boyfriend at the time (not FI) and was her MOH.  There were only 2 of us, and it looked as if my initials had rubbed off the most.  Now, I'm getting married.  Whoop!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 0 awaiting reply