New Jersey

Hoboken Rehearsal Dinner Spot

Hi all - I am currently looking for a spot for a rehearsal dinner in Hoboken with a private area. Everywhere I have looked so far is in the $80-100/pp camp for everything (tip, open bar, etc). Any ideas for something in the $50-75/pp range? I am willing to look more "out of the box" than a traditional Italian restaurant if the price is right. We will have ~35-40 people.

Re: Hoboken Rehearsal Dinner Spot

• I attended a birthday party at Lola's, they have a private area downstairs, not sure about pricing, but maybe you can do beer, wine, sangria only to help?

I would also check into some BYOB places, you can save a lot of money by bringing in your own alcohol. 

• What type of environment are you looking for? I recently went to Trinity for the first time in a loooong time and it was a great environment. While I don't think they have a private room, you can probably use a section and that would be ok.

Also - my fiance and I did an engagement dinner with friends at Madison. We were charged (If I remember correctly) $75 a person. We got beer and wine for two hours, and three courses (plus dessert). 
    We didn't get a private room, but we were only 25 people. It still felt totally intimate. If you have 50, you get that whole dining room (again, if I recall correctly).
    Plus, they validated everyone's parking for over 3 hours (3 is the limit but they were just so nice!!)
    They are definitely worth calling up to get some info!! We LOVED it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden where the flowers are dead." - Oscar Wilde
  • Thanks all! Appreciate the help. We are between Biggie's and Hudson Tavern right now - both in the affordable yet good food range. :)
  • @ktk143 I am looking to do the same were you able to find a nice rehearsal dinner in hoboken?
  • @FutureMrsPA we went with Biggies - it is an unbeatable deal. Its the Newark St location so super convenient to the PATH, they give you the downstairs room with a private bar and wait staff and it looks to be only about 60 bucks per person which includes 2 hours of unlimited wine, beer, and sangria ... I am so excited! I love their food so it worked very nicely.

• @ktk143 - thank you so much! I love biggies! great to know

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards