Nevada-Las Vegas

11.27.13 Red Rock Canyon and Mandalay Bay Wedding Reviews Part 1

LinWard2012LinWard2012 member
First Comment
edited January 2014 in Nevada-Las Vegas
Flowers by Pam at the Palette (A++) She took my last minute order the week before the wedding?! I found her here on the message boards based on all the positive reviews and comments. I wasted time trying to find the elusive custom concept, which is what took me so long to place order. In the end, I said I'm leaving this to the professionals; they know what they're doing. So, I went to the fall gallery, picked my fav and it was absolutely gorgeous. See my flower pick. Poor thing was knocking and knocking on the suite door to drop off flowers and my hubby was showering. She called me and we connected with my hubby. So not only is she talented, she is very patient and kind. Wish I could of met her. I will visit her shop when we go back to Vegas. Cakes by Freed's Bakery (A++) Again, I went straight to the message boards to find the best reviews. My husband placed his order at least a month before the wedding. He collaborated with staff to make his Metallica groom's cake. He could not stop bragging about his cake. He absolutely was over the moon. I waited until the last minute, so went with a choice in the fall gallery. It was perfect and absolutely stunning with the fresh flowers. The only thing area for improvement is educating the customer. No one told us to refrigerate the cakes. They were delivered before 10am and not served until about 8pm??? So between the sunlight coming in from the floor to ceiling windows and then the heat lamps from the carving station later that evening the fresh flowers took their toll on the icing and it started melting. We have plenty of shots of it pre meltdown, but it could have been prevented it we kept in a the room with no windows until the dinner reception began. So this technically makes this review an A-, but my husband's joy trumps the negative. His cake was one layer so it never melted. I can't wait to go visit their bakery on anniversary trips. I follow them on FB and their pix are mouthwatering. Go with Freed's! P.S. The lyrics on the cake says: Forever trusting who we are and nothing else matters. That's a song from his favorite band. Rev. Roland August, The Mobile Minister (A++) I copied and pasted this off my review of Roland on a different page: I viewed at least 10 people and their video clips before I found Roland. Once we connected he was so patient with all my questions and concerns. I wanted it to be perfect. Thanks to Roland IT WAS!!! The ceremony was extremely heartfelt and genuine. He knows exactly what to say and do. The bonus for our family is that he speaks Spanish and was able to do include it in our ceremony. I received many compliments on how great Roland. He's a professional and knows how to put everyone at ease. He exceeded our expectations and will go above and beyond. If you need a minister, go with Roland!!!! Addendum to original review: BTW, Don't let his website fool you. His site seems to speak more to the fun, playful Vegas style ceremony, but he does classy and traditional weddings equally well. Finding the RIGHT minister was by far the hardest vendor to choose. I'm probably what he considers a high maintenance bride. His patience prevailed, and he nailed it! Extremely grateful! See my pix of Roland below with me and my hubby. That's a wrap for now. I'll post review on MB, Esvy Photography, Violinist and Bell transportation sooner than later! Happy planning to all you beautiful brides-to-be! xoxo

Re: 11.27.13 Red Rock Canyon and Mandalay Bay Wedding Reviews Part 1

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards